M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow 9'ers. As I am adding more and more to my 9, I was worried about adequate insurance coverage. Especially after reading a lot of post about forum members being given a hard time when the unfortunate happens. So, my question is who (in your opinion or experience) has the best insurance coverage for bikes and covers aftermarket parts:dontknow:? Thanks in advance for your replies.

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Haven't had to file a claim yet and hope I never do, but according to my Allstate agent, everything should be covered. Just need receipts. I have an extra 5K coverage on both my bikes for accessories.

G

·
Grundy has agreed value insurance. That meens they pay what you want it covered for. But they have to agree to it, so it can't be a ridiculous amount. But full replace ment and a little more is usually good.

Grundy.com is the site but you have to call the number on the site for MC ins.

G

·
Hello fellow 9'ers. As I am adding more and more to my 9, I was worried about adequate insurance coverage. Especially after reading a lot of post about forum members being given a hard time when the unfortunate happens. So, my question is who (in your opinion or experience) has the best insurance coverage for bikes and covers aftermarket parts:dontknow:? Thanks in advance for your replies.

Thanks,
Jeff
Progressive includes $3000 worth of extras with most policies. If you're willing to pay for more, you can select a dollar amount that you'd like covered...the more you add, the more it hikes your premium.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Progressive includes $3000 worth of extras with most policies. If you're willing to pay for more, you can select a dollar amount that you'd like covered...the more you add, the more it hikes your premium.
I was going to go w/ Progressive, I called my Allstate agent and they beat the price by a lot. I pay 81/year, full coverage and 5K in accessories.

G

·
I was going to go w/ Progressive, I called my Allstate agent and they beat the price by a lot. I pay 81/year, full coverage and 5K in accessories.
$81? I'm gonna go ahead and assume that that is for minimum coverage limits on everything. I'm in NY, and the quote I got for minimum everything was about $175/yr. But, lower limits across the board won't cover much...especially if you get hit by someone with no insurance. You'll find youself in debt to your eyeballs if you get hurt bad enough...not somehting I'm comfortable with, but that's just me.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
state farm

state farm gave me an $2500 mod clause and call them if the amount goes higher

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
You must have bare bones full coverage. Do you have uninsured motorist and underinsured motorist? I bet they gave you the lowest coverage and claims like 25 / 50 / 25. if in an accident they will pay 25K per person medical, 50K medical per accident and 25K property damage. These days you hit a new Honda Accord or Mustang GT you don't have enough insurance to cover the accident.

Don't leave yourself Underinsured. I would be screwed right now had I not had the extra coverage. Look at Pynical he had to use his Underinsured motorist insurance because of the person that hit him. I pay $720 a year with American Family and no other ins company could come close. I just tried a quote with Dairy Land at it wanted $1300 a year.

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
$81? I'm gonna go ahead and assume that that is for minimum coverage limits on everything. I'm in NY, and the quote I got for minimum everything was about $175/yr. But, lower limits across the board won't cover much...especially if you get hit by someone with no insurance. You'll find youself in debt to your eyeballs if you get hurt bad enough...not somehting I'm comfortable with, but that's just me.
:agree: Protect yourself from scum-bags and baggets!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts