M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cruised some yesterday..no problems..Today I was ready to roll to my fav water hole...went to the garage, key in ignition, turns over but won't start..noticed the "H" light and thought it may be a coolant leak pro..Been the usual 100 plus degree Texas weather daily. Haven't checked yet (2 upset...deep breath..) no problems to date..2700 miles..she sits in the garage when not riding, so I would've noticed any liquid on the floor..has plenty of gas..do i have to remove tank to check coolant level, etc.

any help/suggestions mucho appreciated..Tks

p.s. dammit Jim!! :mad:

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
I know what you mean about the 100 plus weather and just the tease of rain every great once in a while here in Dallas. Have you had anything off the bike to work on it? Or has the dealer had it in for the service? Sounds like something may be unplugged around the fan/coolant temp sensor area. You might check the kill switch position and clutch switch wires at the handle bar as well as the sidestand switch while your at it and go through the start up procedure again. Other wise I would unscrew the one screw on the fuel tank cowl and slide it forward and remove the tank and rad shrouds around the frame neck and check the connections at the fan and temp sensor. I don't have my service manual here at work but I think the temp sensor is up around the t-stat around the neck of the frame. Also I believe the oil pressure switch is tied back to the temp or hot light too so check the connection on the oil pressure switch, I am not sure where it is without the service manaul with me so maybe someone else can chime in. Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
J R said:
Vapor lock by chance :dontknow:
JR - I think you hit the nail on the head..I checked previous posts and on one thread you mentioned to open the throttle wide and hold...shortly afterwards the Beast started like a charm and off I went..It's a good thing too..I had a difficult day at work and needed to ride the tension off.
Tks for the lookout fellas. The board is invaluable again..Ride Safe!!

·
Registered
443 Posts
:bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts