M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty new to this forum site and have only owned my M109 two weeks tomorrow. With that said, I discovered something wonderful this evening. I was browsing old topics on here to learn all I could for more experienced owners and ran across this topic "So... you want to raise your bars a bit. A little more involved than that... "

The ONLY I mean ONLY complaint I've had about my M109 is the stretch I feel reaching the handlebars. I never could get comfortable. That was until today. I followed Lawdogs advice and adjusted my handlebars up about 20 degrees. Man, what a difference. I love it. The only step I didn't follow of Lawdogs was grinding off the placement holders on the clutch assembly and starter assembly. I simply drilled a new hole just behind the previous hole. You have to use good judgement. It took me about 1/10th of a mile to adjust to the new settings.

To me, this was the best thing I could have done to my M109. If you want to ride in comfort and enjoy the M109 to it's fullest, I suggest you take the 30 minutes it takes to transform this crotch rocket handlebar position motorcycle to a true pleasurable CRUISER.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can wait til Saturday if you want...but honestly, it took me a total of 30 minutes to complete. And trust me, I'm no motorcycle machanic.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Roatated my bars and it alot better, I ground off the nub on the left side to put the buttons back in the right plane...............but haven't done the right side yet because the screws were way too tight and I ended up striping the head out of it :verymad:.......they put allen head bolts all over these bikes and put cheesy phillips head screws on the controls :realmad:

oh well I'll get it straighened out this weekend :bigthumbsup:

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Bonehead said:
..............but haven't done the right side yet because the screws were way too tight and I ended up striping the head out of it :verymad:.......they put allen head bolts all over these bikes and put cheesy phillips head screws on the controls :realmad:
What a Bonehead. :joke:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Lamonster said:
What a Bonehead. :joke:
Yep, that was kinda my thought too at the time :p..............it was one of those , "I was in too big a hurry to get something done" times :redfaced:

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Bonehead said:
Yep, that was kinda my thought too at the time :p..............it was one of those , "I was in too big a hurry to get something done" times :redfaced:
I think we would get along just fine. If you have a day or two I can tell you about some of my "Bonehead" things I've done. :redfaced:

·
Registered
752 Posts
I was the first guy on the board to strip his oil pan!!!! King bonehead here. :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot:

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
L-Train said:
I was the first guy on the board to strip his oil pan!!!! King bonehead here. :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot:
Ill See your oil pan and raise you with "I was first to smoke his clutch" Grand Poobah Bonehead

Sledzep

·
Registered
752 Posts
sledzep01 said:
Ill See your oil pan and raise you with "I was first to smoke his clutch" Grand Poobah Bonehead

Sledzep
That's true. You so win. Mine cost $30 and 1 day at the shop. If I remember right yours was free and 2 or 3 weeks at the shop.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Lamonster said:
I think we would get along just fine. If you have a day or two I can tell you about some of my "Bonehead" things I've done. :redfaced:
Needless to say I have a few them myself (aleast the ones I chose to remember ;) ) .......................................the nickname came from one of my friend because of my hard headedness about certain things ( ok maybe most things :joke: ).

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
ppridgen1 said:
so does that mean we're gonna start a :super:"now that was a bonehed move" section :bigthumbsup: :doorag:
:a20: :bigthumbsup:

G

·
I went the other way. I dropped my bars as low as they would go without having any of the controls hitting the tank at full lock. Long and low.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Jay109 said:
Okay I am really going to show my ignorance here but what does this mean???? :a20:
Don't feel bad, there are too many of these to keep up with. Just take the first letters of each word in the following sentence.

Rolling On Floor Laughing My Arse Off

1 - 20 of 31 Posts