M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if I can get some feedback on some side mount license plate relocators. I think this is the one I have (came with bike) and it interferes with my OEM leather bags. http://www.directlineparts.com/product.asp?pid=6068&str=290

I don't always have the bags on but I have to adjust the angle of the side mount when the bags are on. Its a bit of a P-I-T-A and looks funny. I've seen some that mount much closer to the wheel. Pics and links would be great.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
I have a Gregg's sidemount plate holder, because I got a smoking deal on it. Contact "Squirrel", as he's the one who makes them.

Also there are Shayne's sidemount plate holders. Shayne's also a great person to deal with, as he can pretty much put any design you want on it to give it that personal touch. I believe his screen name is "shayneM109r" on the forum. Maybe someone will chime in with his direct web page so you can see what he's got to offer.

-Josh

·
Registered
300 Posts
with california passing their new law (if i understood right) there will be plenty of sidemount plates up for sale

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a Gregg's sidemount plate holder, because I got a smoking deal on it. Contact "Squirrel", as he's the one who makes them.

Also there are Shayne's sidemount plate holders. Shayne's also a great person to deal with, as he can pretty much put any design you want on it to give it that personal touch. I believe his screen name is "shayneM109r" on the forum. Maybe someone will chime in with his direct web page so you can see what he's got to offer.

-Josh
Thanks, is this the one you are referring to?
http://www.shaynem109sideplate.com/

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
with california passing their new law (if i understood right) there will be plenty of sidemount plates up for sale
I saw that. That really sucks. I'm actually planning on moving back to Cali in the next few years. I'lll end up having to change the mount again but oh well.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
I saw that. That really sucks. I'm actually planning on moving back to Cali in the next few years. I'lll end up having to change the mount again but oh well.
· This bill also amended Section 5201 of the Vehicle Code to require license plates to be mounted parallel to the ground so the characters are upright and display from left to right.

Shayne also has horizontal sidemount plate holders that will conform to California law. It's under "horizontal mounts"

-Josh

·
Registered
146 Posts
Shyane side mount

I ordered one of these a couple months ago and love it. One of the best side mounts for the price and quality. You wont be disappointed.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
One more reference can't hurt. I have Gregg's side mount and Shane's turn signal relocater. I'm happy with both products and both were a pleasure to do business with.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just bought mine from Shayne three months ago; looks like the amended law makes me illegal now. Mine has the Suzuki "S" in it. I'll probably have to sell it!

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts