M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a lot of research I've decided to install a Power Commander V with the Auto Tune (O2 sensor) on the bike. I've been checking out different sites and the prices seem to be all over the place. Where is my best bet to search for the best price?

Smitty

·
Registered
547 Posts
After a lot of research I've decided to install a Power Commander V with the Auto Tune (O2 sensor) on the bike. I've been checking out different sites and the prices seem to be all over the place. Where is my best bet to search for the best price?

Smitty
Sort of sounds like you are in the best positioin to answer this. You are the one that has been searching different sites. I for one would check out Ebay.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts

Smitty
You do know that you will have to have O2 sensor bungs welded onto the exhaust right? Now you have the cost of the PC5 and then again the cost of the autotune and then again the cost of the exhaust modification. Just sayin. You could very easily have $800+ involved in this, when you could just get a PC3 and not even have half of that---plus, you could do it yourself.

·
Registered
685 Posts
You do know that you will have to have O2 sensor bungs welded onto the exhaust right? Now you have the cost of the PC5 and then again the cost of the autotune and then again the cost of the exhaust modification. Just sayin. You could very easily have $800+ involved in this, when you could just get a PC3 and not even have half of that---plus, you could do it yourself.
Or you can just get the PCV for the same price or less (from what I've
seen) than the PCIII and install it yourself. I think he wants the auto
tuning feature though. Cheapest I've seen the PCV is $287 shipped.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks to everyone for the info so far. The cost of installation is not a problem since I will be doing it myself. Not needing to make repeated trips to the dyno will be the main reason for going with the PC-V instead of other systems.

Smitty

·
Banned
108 Posts
A power commander only hits on 4 injectors.....

If you want to be cheap BUY A POWER COMMANDER

If you want the bike to be faster and hit on all 8 injectors....

BUY A BAZAZZ for about $1100 bux...

Yes P.C. is marketed better, that just means they spend less on R n D

YOU GET WHAT U PAY FOR !

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
A power commander only hits on 4 injectors.....

If you want to be cheap BUY A POWER COMMANDER

If you want the bike to be faster and hit on all 8 injectors....

BUY A BAZAZZ for about $1100 bux...

Yes P.C. is marketed better, that just means they spend less on R n D

YOU GET WHAT U PAY FOR !
WOWOWOWOWOW I want a M109R that has 8 injectors. Then I could really play. Please study before you post. Hell, my TL1000R only has 4 injectors (V-twin) for those who are not aware.

·
Banned
108 Posts
WOWOWOWOWOW I want a M109R that has 8 injectors. Then I could really play. Please study before you post. Hell, my TL1000R only has 4 injectors (V-twin) for those who are not aware.
Im pretty sure there are 4 uppers and 4 lowers
maybe Im wrong

EITHER WAY BAZAZZ IS A BETTER SYSTEM

·
Registered
339 Posts
Well crap!!!!! I only plugged in 2 injectors when i installed my PCV......I want my money back :joke:

I only spent about 600.00 total on everything PCV & Auto Tune....I love the set up! Bike is smoother, accelerates harder and being be able to trim the AFR in my crusing range im up to a solid 42mpg!:bigthumbsup:

G

·
Man is kid won't stop! Hey shootinmymouth how about you delete your profile an put you 2 cents someplace else. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, the PC-V is on the way. Only $275 and free shipping. Now to locate the cheapest Auto Tune...

Smitty

·
Banned
108 Posts
Man is kid won't stop! Hey shootinmymouth how about you delete your profile an put you 2 cents someplace else. :bigthumbsup:
How about you take yourself and jump off a bridge :)

and do u really want me to shoot in ur mouth ....... U must be going to the gay bars talkin like that my man, thats a wee bit gay, not to mention very immature

·
Banned
108 Posts

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Back to topic......

the best place to see a bunch of different prices would be ebay, amazon places like that. i wouldnt go to a dealer that is for sure.

good luck with your search, that autotune is friggin cool.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I got my PCV for $174 shipped on ebay.

They had it listed as an American auction but with the international name for the bike. I was the only bidder and got it for the opening bid price.

You can use the PCV just like a PCIII if you do not want to install the bung now or ever, but at least that option is there.

The PCV can monitor more if you chose to use it and the increments are smaller so you have finer tuning.

You do not NEED to weld in the bung. If you only want to use the Autotune to set up a map, you can slide it up the end of the pipe. You can even rent them to make a custom map rather than needing to dyno a PCIII.

The marketing of the PCIII for the 9 is a scam, since the introduction of the PCV. With no real price difference and way more capability, the PCV is the only way to go if you are setting up a system today.

Not that there is anything wrong with the PCIII if you got it before the PCV came out, but side by side, there is no place the PCIII wins.

·
Banned
108 Posts
A vendor is someone who sells something. Come on now......:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:
Whos trying to sell something ?
Dont be a jackass, I was just recommending a product...

A VENDOR MAKES MONEY OFF A PRODUCT, I was simply recommending one

Dont be stupid :clap2:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I got my PCV for $174 shipped on ebay.

They had it listed as an American auction but with the international name for the bike. I was the only bidder and got it for the opening bid price.

You can use the PCV just like a PCIII if you do not want to install the bung now or ever, but at least that option is there.

The PCV can monitor more if you chose to use it and the increments are smaller so you have finer tuning.

You do not NEED to weld in the bung. If you only want to use the Autotune to set up a map, you can slide it up the end of the pipe. You can even rent them to make a custom map rather than needing to dyno a PCIII.

The marketing of the PCIII for the 9 is a scam, since the introduction of the PCV. With no real price difference and way more capability, the PCV is the only way to go if you are setting up a system today.

Not that there is anything wrong with the PCIII if you got it before the PCV came out, but side by side, there is no place the PCIII wins.
Great info! Thanks.

Smitty

1 - 20 of 23 Posts