M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is the best place to buy the FI2000r? It's about that time for me to pick one up, and I'm confused as to where to buy! Direct from Cobra??? Where did you all buy yours?

Thanks!

·
Registered
96 Posts
DLP is running a special until Jan 4 with 10% off. That's probably your best bet and they're a board sponsor!!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
960 Posts
I just researched and bought mine two day ago at Meancycles. $199 shipped. DLP has them too and price matches.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Unless you absolutely have to have a fuel manager right now, I'd recommend waiting for Cobra's new Power Pro Tuner to be released. From what I've heard about it, it sounds like it will be superior to any other fuel manager on the market by leaps and bounds. I'm guessing it will also be leaps and bounds more expensive though.....

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Unless you absolutely have to have a fuel manager right now, I'd recommend waiting for Cobra's new Power Pro Tuner to be released. From what I've heard about it, it sounds like it will be superior to any other fuel manager on the market by leaps and bounds. I'm guessing it will also be leaps and bounds more expensive though.....
Thanks for your input grampi, but you are correct, I dont want to spend the extra $ associated with the new and best FM from Cobra lol. I believe the FI2000r will suit my needs just fine.

The only thing that sucks with DLP and us in florida is you have to pay taxes on it.
lol its fine. I'm wondering, though, if the new system from Cobra is on its way, that most likely means the FI2000r will drop in price when the new one is released? Should I wait? I've been running open filters and pipes for awhile now with NO FM!

·
Registered
96 Posts
lol its fine. I'm wondering, though, if the new system from Cobra is on its way, that most likely means the FI2000r will drop in price when the new one is released? Should I wait? I've been running open filters and pipes for awhile now with NO FM!
It probably won't be a lot cheaper if at all. They won't want to canabilize sales of the new model by making the previous one a lot cheaper.

I have one with Tornado Air kit and Sideburner exhaust and the difference is very noticable... :D

Also, the code to use to get the 10% from DLP is WINTER.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
It probably won't be a lot cheaper if at all. They won't want to canabilize sales of the new model by making the previous one a lot cheaper.

I have one with Tornado Air kit and Sideburner exhaust and the difference is very noticable... :D

Also, the code to use to get the 10% from DLP is WINTER.:bigthumbsup:
Thanks bud!

Just ordered! TOTAL:$191 and some change!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Grampi,
Whats the time frame on Cobras release of this new FM? I think Cobra is very slow to add anything to the M109r line-up...we must be a smaller market than the HD crowd. Soon to be released could be next fall...
glass is half empty type of guy

·
Registered
516 Posts
I was about to order one from DLP as they have a good price but they want $53.25 to ship to Canada!

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Grampi,
Whats the time frame on Cobras release of this new FM? I think Cobra is very slow to add anything to the M109r line-up...we must be a smaller market than the HD crowd. Soon to be released could be next fall...
glass is half empty type of guy
I'm in the process of trying to find that out from Cobra. Last I heard was a spring '11 release, but who knows? I'll update as I get them...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts