M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
8,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious...if you could ride your bike for one month only next year (scary thought) which month would it be in your state,province,country..?? Keep everything in mind...weather,bugs,traffic,scenery...you know,the month you just can't stay off your bike...im really enjoying this whole motorcycle experience,and want to see as much of the U.S.A & Canada over the next few years...Would like to plan some trips and target the perfect months in different parts of North America

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
kind of a tough question to answer since i really hate getting off the bike. it is even harder when your work schedule doesn't always permit you the time to enjoy a ride every now and then.
over the winter i start getting the itch to ride as soon as the temp hits 50 degrees, around here that is sometimes not until march or april depending on how mother nature feels, and even then i prefer to wait until a few showers have washed away all the leftover salt on the roads from the winter.
i like june but it seems that the month i really try to get a lot of riding in is october since i usually put the bike up for the winter in november. i start to think of the empty months ahead with no riding in sight and all the white stuff on the ground so i try to take advantage of every last chance i can to get at least a few miles in.

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Here's a BIG vote for October......down here, the temps are perfect and the leaves are changing.....truly beautiful! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
8,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
kind of a tough question to answer since i really hate getting off the bike. it is even harder when your work schedule doesn't always permit you the time to enjoy a ride every now and then.
over the winter i start getting the itch to ride as soon as the temp hits 50 degrees, around here that is sometimes not until march or april depending on how mother nature feels, and even then i prefer to wait until a few showers have washed away all the leftover salt on the roads from the winter.
i like june but it seems that the month i really try to get a lot of riding in is october since i usually put the bike up for the winter in november. i start to think of the empty months ahead with no riding in sight and all the white stuff on the ground so i try to take advantage of every last chance i can to get at least a few miles in.
That kinda sums up our situation up here in ontario,almost,just substitute sept,oct for your oct,nov....geez now you have me thinking bout winter:verymad:

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Here in the Midwest, I'd probably have to say my favorite month to ride is Oct. It's cool enough to wear a jacket and gloves, and all the trees are turning colors, it really makes for nice rides. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Here in Florida it has to be March - Daytona Bike Week with lots of very strange people and great bikes. Plus the temps are less than 94-96.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Wow:eek:...now that is some serious scenery, i could picture you and Bobbymac ripping up that pavement...Maybe just maybe,this oct...if things work out...nice pics GR...:bigthumbsup:
Hey let us know we'd be happy to have you and show you are favorite riding stomping grounds. :doorag:

·
Registered
735 Posts
Water Wonderland

In Michigan we are partial to June July and August and of course when the colors come out in the fall Late October. Any later than that require a snow tire cause it will frost the balls of a brass monkey.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Best Month to Ryde

Without a doubt OCTOBER in MD...............:drool:

·
Registered
8,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey let us know we'd be happy to have you and show you are favorite riding stomping grounds. :doorag:
Thanks GR and BobbyMac....Would love to check out some of that beautiful georgia scenery with you boys...Haven't quite figured out a schedule yet,but will let you know for sure...:congrats: on the wedding,you are a fortunate man to have a soulmate that shares a passion with you....and BobbyMac,is that bike of yours so quick that dirt don't stick...that sweet machine of yours is always looking so clean..!!! Don't think i could keep up with you guys,but it would sure be fun trying..!!:p

1 - 20 of 34 Posts