M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Pics of the best looking leather bags on a 9 can be found here

I got the best looking leather bags for a 109. They are Willie and Max Revolution bags. They are a little bigger than the Suzuki bags and I think they flow much better with the lines on the bike.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Loks good, nice and roomy. How much and did they come w/ mounts?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got them on ebay for $230 with free shipping. They did come with all the mounting hardware, but I had to go to the hardware store and buy the right length bolts. The ones it came with were not long enough.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I'm not too much into saddle bags but these I like and I may have to reconsider!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
I got them on ebay for $230 with free shipping. They did come with all the mounting hardware, but I had to go to the hardware store and buy the right length bolts. The ones it came with were not long enough.
cool, thanks

·
Registered
843 Posts
hey love your bags, and I have afew questions if you dont mind. 1st are these bags leather and reinforced so the wont lose there shape? 2nd can you get the ghost connects for this setup?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Here is a little something I am working on. Kind of a quick on/off for backrest, luggage racks, or saddles. Working on a deal for production....maybe soon. They " and spiked cap are both threaded and they will be knurreled and polished . I will put some pics on here when they are done.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Navy Dave,
Any chance of those coming in black?

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
do they just bolt in to the existing holes where the bungee buddies go?

·
Registered
754 Posts
I got the best looking leather bags for a 109. They are Willie and Max Revolution bags. They are a little bigger than the Suzuki bags and I think they flow much better with the lines on the bike.

Sorry stills not flowing for me! wrong bike for bags....

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I'm with Joel, for me no bags look even decent one the 109. Even the Corbin hard bags disgust me, let alone any of the leather ones.
What a way to ruin a cool looking bike.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I have a question for all those who dont like bags on the 9. When its time to travel what do you use then? I would only use them for that purpose only, so when I make my destination I would come off. So again what do you guys use to travel with then?

·
Registered
754 Posts
I have a question for all those who dont like bags on the 9. When its time to travel what do you use then? I would only use them for that purpose only, so when I make my destination I would come off. So again what do you guys use to travel with then?
Reason i bought the C14, but if i needed to use my 109 this is as far as i will go with bags

with a pasanger this was for a 3 day trip with the wife to the Florida keys

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
This is what I had used in the past. It is just a very large, expandable, magnetic tank bag. I have it mounted on a cobra solo lugage rack. On short every day trips, I used the smaller bag that is shown on the tank, but I mounted it on the rack.
Since then, I have gone with the corbin bags.

As for the quick mount bolts, that is a good idea, but I think those sharp points could hurt:eek::'(.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Good price, how is the quality ?
I agree that no bags look right on the 9 but until the new m109r uni-trailer becomes available that may be the best most affordable way to go

Any chance you can give us a review after a few months and see how they hold up?

thanks
Jimmy

·
Registered
843 Posts
i like these bags model model number are these? and can you use ghost connects for this setup?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts