M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Hey guys I got and Arnott Air Ride and i am wondering what is the best kickstand to use with it. I am thinking http://www.directlineparts.com/product.asp?pid=6840&str=290 since I have the levers but I think I have heard some of you stay the workmanship is questionable. Please let me know. I Just got her from the paint shop, and waiting on the rest of my chromed parts and Phase three is Done!

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
We have that one on Bikergranny's bike going on 2 years. Excellent quality and it has held up very well. If you end up going on ebay, make sure you are very careful. There is one out there with an Suzuki "S" on it and it is crap. I bought one off a member, and like an idiot forgot to ask if it had it. I put it on the bike and it snapped.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We have that one on Bikergranny's bike going on 2 years. Excellent quality and it has held up very well. If you end up going on ebay, make sure you are very careful. There is one out there with an Suzuki "S" on it and it is crap. I bought one off a member, and like an idiot forgot to ask if it had it. I put it on the bike and it snapped.
Thanks,

No NOOOO for all the time, work and money I've put into her I'm going with DLP on this one.:bigthumbsup:

·
xxx
210 Posts
I've ordered an Arnott as well.

How well will the short kickstand work when the bike is fully raised? And how unstable will using the full length kickstand be when it's lowered?

Maybe Arnott will make an Air Kickstand to solve this dilemma?

·
Registered
655 Posts
I have the arnott air ride and that same kickstand in the short version. The short version is not very much shorter at all. It works great when fully aired up and just ok when it is fully slammed. If you make sure the bars are turned to the left and the bike is sitting on level ground it will stay up but if the bars are to the right and it is on level ground then it can fall over very easy. I came home to mine laying on its side in the garage because the air ride bled off and the bars were turned to the right. I now park my bike with a wood block under it so it can never drop all the way when I am not home.

I wish there was a shorter version of this same kick stand.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts