M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I once was told that Sears had the best jack for an M109Rbecause it would easily fit under the cruiser without much effort. Butwhen I went to the Sears site they have 4 or 5 motorcycle lifting jacks available. Does anyone remember which jack they had that works the best for the M109R?:dontknow:

·
Registered
219 Posts
jack

I bought the standard motorcycle jack they sell at Harbor freight for 75.00 a couple years ago and never had a prob with it. matter of fact bike has been sitting on it for a couple days now. (new forks) Although once I lowered mine 2 inches I now have to pull the bike up on a couple 2x4's to get the jack under it. (no big deal)

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I have this one by Craftsman. Works great on the 109.
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00950190000P

Two things. It goes on sale all the time for $99.00 or less. If you buy it, use the three set bar heights when the bike is on the jack for long periods of time. Do not let the bike remain on the bottle jack assembly. Just use it to lift the bike to one of the three stationary heights. It will last much longer that way.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I found the sears jack liked to rock back and forth a little too much, I went with the OTC stinger little bigger and heavier. If you wanted to do it right buy the Handy floor hoist.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
198 Posts
I got a craftsman one that is yellow and it was a light weight one. It was pricey but the rails are perfect for our frame and it is rock solid all winter while my bike us on it and up off the concrete

·
Registered
462 Posts
sears sucks !!!

or maybe its just mine...had it for 2yrs ...decided to jack the bike up and it wont release...now i got a 700 lb bike floating in mid air......my squat is pretty good but ..not attempting this one.....had to strap bike to beams in garage...put bags of salt under and pray my garage doesnt come down on me......piece of crap ..then i called them and they tell me only there tools are guaranteed for life.......prrrfffff suks!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts