M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an M109 and want to get a full fairing for the front. I have looked at several, and found that I liked the Corbin best... but dang, that thing is costly! What are your favorite fairings, and what is the best deal for a nice one!?!?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Here's my perspective. I've tried the V-stream, Xtreme Revolution fairing and Corbin fairing.

V-stream: I could never get it adjusted to the point where I wouldn't get helmet buffeting, even made my own bracket to put it higher. The only time I had clean air was when I tucked in.

Corbin: I think this is the best looking but it lets in to much air at the sides and from below and creates helmet buffetting. A higher windshield helps but at higher speeds the air still flows from the side and below the fairing to the low pressure area, which in my case is in front of me. I'm now using a short windshield which puts more clean air coming straight into my helmet, but at higher speeds I still get buffeting. I'm going to add some lower detectors and possibly a wider windshield to see if I get the air flow to converge behind me instead of in front of me.

Xtreme: this fairing sits higher, is wider and longer which helps the air coming from the side and below converge behind me. This definitely gives me the best protection with minimal buffeting but I'm not too keen on the looks. I might go back to this for longer trips tough.

Now, keep in mind that your height, riding position, etc will all effect this. I'm about 5' 10".

Hope this helps.

Sent from my mobile device.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
This may not be what you are looking for but this is what I do.
I ride naked around town because it's way too hot to be stuck in traffic with a huge fairing/windshield blocking the wind.
When I go on trips I use the Rifle SoloShield with the Lowers. It blocks the wind very well and the windshield goes on and off in about 30 seconds once you find the right allen key. The lowers take longer but work well.
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Mountain
I feel it's the best option if you don't want the fairing look all the time. I love having the option of both worlds. Cost is about $600 for both

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
:redfaced:yea i did that riding naked thing to but my butt just gets so slippery from the swet how slip around :yikes:
That is an image no one needed...:barf:

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
For me it would be between Tsukayu or Wide Open Customs.
Had a Tsukayu on my C109, liked it.

But for the M109 after seeing both in Daytona, I would buy the Wide Open Customs fairing.

·
Registered
213 Posts
This may not be what you are looking for but this is what I do.
I ride naked around town because it's way too hot to be stuck in traffic with a huge fairing/windshield blocking the wind.
When I go on trips I use the Rifle SoloShield with the Lowers. It blocks the wind very well and the windshield goes on and off in about 30 seconds once you find the right allen key. The lowers take longer but work well.
View attachment 189178
I feel it's the best option if you don't want the fairing look all the time. I love having the option of both worlds. Cost is about $600 for both
Hate to tell you, but you were caught on tape.
http://www.wftv.com/videos/news/raw-video-police-cam-shows-naked-motorcyclist/vCGPK/

·
Registered
56 Posts
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Motorcycle
Memphis Shades worked for me. Everything else was too expensive for my frugal a**.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Do you have any more pics? I was told that product did not come for the 109?
Not original for the M109, so homemade brackets was my only option. I jump in two feet and bought the batwing and did the figuring out of how to get it on the bike later. I should have up close pics of the brackets on my profile pics.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Wide Open Customs fairing and stereo is my preferred addon soon.

Xtreme Revolution is not making fairings anymore to my knowledge.

Tsukayu is also a decent fairing.

I have the VStream, not a big fan of it, it sits on a shelf

·
Registered
11 Posts
Help thinking of getting the wide open custom fairing for my 2014 boss do I have to move my tachometer to install the fairing

·
Registered
733 Posts
How is the sound of the WOC Fairing?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts