M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WOW!!

This guy is very fast and very smooth. It is almost 13min long and just took up 26min of my life as I had to watch it twice.

He keeps a pretty good line. There is very little traffic. He is very fast in the beginning and then gets faster

The wheelie in the middle of the S turns is wild at around 8 1/2 min in....

http://www.gormanonline.com/videos/street/DealsGapOverlookToXroads.wmv

the bike is an FZ-1 ridden by Greg Gorman. He explains the ride on his site. http://www.gormanonline.com/forums/5/ShowPost.aspx

Sledzep
 

·
Very Active Member
Joined
·
5,784 Posts
there was a great story about the dragon on "Superbikes" last night on the Speed channel. looks like beautiful country over there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,343 Posts
That was a great video!

I have been thinking of buying an inexpensive used street bike to canyon carve on... Something I figured out on my 109... I love riding hard through the twisties!!!

Unfortunately I keep running out of clearance.  :dontknow:
:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,889 Posts
A street Bike? My friend rides the dragon several times a year and says the Dragon master is YELLOW WOLF and he riders a You guest it a YELLOW Gold Wing !
He films people riding the dragon for a fee,Films you from the front and from the back My Friend says he copies it right to DVD and can even add music if you want says nobody can loose the Yellow Wolf on the Dragon  :D :bigthumbsup: :doorag: It's something I look forward to maybe Next year It would be sweet to have a film of yourself riding your believed 109 threw the Dragon Don't ya think  :bigthumbsup: Later silentrider
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,172 Posts
JUtah said:
Something I figured out on my 109... I love riding hard through the twisties!!! Unfortunately I keep running out of clearance.
You n me brother. You n me. The 9 is soooo much fun to push in the twisties. You just run out of ground clearance while looking for max on the fun meter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
And it comes mighty soon. Maybe not for a cruiser, but it comes early. Makes me slow down, though. That's a good thing, if I can bear it...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
without realizing of it I kept moving my mouse throught the turns in the movie and turnig my body like if it was a video game.
 
G

·
Jorge said:
without realizing of it I kept moving my mouse throught the turns in the movie and turnig my body like if it was a video game.
You and me both (except for the mouse thing)... Sometine the video camera gets so close to the asphalt that you can see the little pebbles in it.... sick!!! :bigthumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jazzman said:
You n me brother. You n me. The 9 is soooo much fun to push in the twisties. You just run out of ground clearance while looking for max on the fun meter.
I have to admit I am having some issues of faith with my 109.

I absolutely love it!! BUT I love it as a Hotrod, sort of my own 2 wheeled big block Chevy.

But the more I ride in the twisties like that (not been there yet actually) the more I want to be able to do MORE leaning and CARVING...

I also need to balance my ego/desire to ride like a maniac with my ACTUAL riding experience and need to come home in one piece for the kids...

I watched that video twice in a row and then immediately started thinking about getting a sportier bike... He made that look VERY EASY.

Sledzep
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
I love sporty bikes myself BUT the only bad thing about having a sporty bike is that your hands and back get tired very fast....depending on much you lean over to the front...last summer I was lucky enough to have 3 bikes...2005 honda shadow, 2006 kawasaki zzr600 (ninja engine) and the m109r.... I loved the flexibility of the ZZR600 but after riding it for about 30 minutes my hands and my back and my ass would start bothering me....but on the other hand I am not in my 20's anymore....I am 43....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,343 Posts
sledzep01 said:
I have to admit I am having some issues of faith with my 109.

I absolutely love it!! BUT I love it as a Hotrod, sort of my own 2 wheeled big block Chevy.

But the more I ride in the twisties like that (not been there yet actually) the more I want to be able to do MORE leaning and CARVING...

I also need to balance my ego/desire to ride like a maniac with my ACTUAL riding experience and need to come home in one piece for the kids...

I watched that video twice in a row and then immediately started thinking about getting a sportier bike... He made that look VERY EASY.

Sledzep
Watching that guy ride it is quite evident that he has some very solid skills and knowledge of both his bike and the road.
We have no shortage of twisties out here in the Ozarks but I always have to remind myself that I am not on a streetbike...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Jorge said:
I love sporty bikes myself BUT the only bad thing about having a sporty bike is that your hands and back get tired very fast....depending on much you lean over to the front...last summer I was lucky enough to have 3 bikes...2005 honda shadow, 2006 kawasaki zzr600 (ninja engine) and the m109r.... I loved the flexibility of the ZZR600 but after riding it for about 30 minutes my hands and my back and my ass would start bothering me....but on the other hand I am not in my 20's anymore....I am 43....
I am thinking more of a sport tourer... NOT an actual sport bike. That would be too much for me. Even a decent standard/naked bike will have allot more room to lean than we do.

But then I ride my bike again and don't care....

Sledzep
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
629 Posts
:bigthumbsup: Great Video. Didn't make me want to get a sporty though. I got kinda scared on a couple parts but the guy lying on the side of the road with his bike lying a few yards futher made me glad I've got the grinding footpegs to let me know earlier to back off a little. ::)
Been their, done that, didn't like it. :redfaced: :eek: :dontknow:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
584 Posts
sledzep01 said:
I absolutely love it!! BUT I love it as a Hotrod, sort of my own 2 wheeled big block Chevy.
this is more or less how I view the M109R. I enjoy the twisties, but it bothers me when you have to make sure you raise your heels while going into a moderate corner.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,103 Posts
Jorge said:
I love sporty bikes myself BUT the only bad thing about having a sporty bike is that your hands and back get tired very fast....depending on much you lean over to the front...last summer I was lucky enough to have 3 bikes...2005 honda shadow, 2006 kawasaki zzr600 (ninja engine) and the m109r.... I loved the flexibility of the ZZR600 but after riding it for about 30 minutes my hands and my back and my ass would start bothering me....but on the other hand I am not in my 20's anymore....I am 43....
You need something like the ZRX 1200 Kaw or Z1000 Kaw or FZ1 Yammie or the new for 07' Suz Bandit 1200 with a nearly 1300cc motor, liquid cooled now and FI'd. I own a 99' ZRX 1100 Kaw I bought new in Nov of 98' and have put nearly 55k on her. bullet proof bike and great in the twisties. There is supposed to be a new for 08' ZRX coming out but I don't have the details yet. Momma Kaw did not bring the ZRX into the USA for 06' or 07' as I understand but lots of 05' and under used ones out there too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Wow, that dude can ride! :bigthumbsup:

Yes, I found myself leaning in the turns while watching his run - couldn't help it!

I'm laughing, I was saying to myself when he was following that other bike toward the end of the run that the other guy was way out of shape in those turns. Then when I read the description of the run on the web site he said the guy was riding beyond his capabilities - I guess that's the Politcally correct way to say it.

McBel
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top