M109 Rider Forums banner

Best deal in Texas on 2007 M109R?

2K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  neverenoughtime 
#1 ·
Ladies and Gents,

I'm new to this board and, although I've never posted, I've really enjoyed listening in. What more can be said about the M109R, what a hot bike!!! I did have a question - since I'm in the market for a black 2007 M109R and I live in Whitehouse (near Tyler), which dealer in Texas is likely to give the best deal? One other question - how does this bike stack up against the VTX 1800 (performance, ride, reliability, likely resale, etc.)?

Thanks!

#2 ·
I have not researched prices... I suggest plenty of phone calls :bigthumbsup:
It does seem the dealer in Georgetown hands out some good deals, wish I woulda known before I bought mine.

As far as VS the VTX1800... All I can say is that there are several ex-VTX'rs on this forum who made the change and are VERY happy that they did it :doorag:

#3 ·
When I bought mine, I searched cycletrader for the best price and then emailed that dealer asking what the best out the door price they could offer me. I then went to my local dealer and told them the deal I was offered and say if they could match it, I would go get the cash right away. At first, they balked a little. Then I told them thanks and have a great day, and I left. I did not get 2 miles down the road when my cell phone rang. It was the dealer, saying they could match the price after all.

The best price I could find was 10,800 out the door from some dealer in Chickasha Oklahoma. They even offered to trailer the bike to me for $250. But I did not want to wait, and I got just as good a deal from my local dealer when I played one of the other. So I went ahead and bought it locally here in dallas.

Hope this helps!!

#4 ·
whitsdad said:
Ladies and Gents,

I'm new to this board and, although I've never posted, I've really enjoyed listening in. What more can be said about the M109R, what a hot bike!!! I did have a question - since I'm in the market for a black 2007 M109R and I live in Whitehouse (near Tyler), which dealer in Texas is likely to give the best deal? One other question - how does this bike stack up against the VTX 1800 (performance, ride, reliability, likely resale, etc.)?

Thanks!
Can't help you with the price in Texas or Resale, but the 109 has a lower center of gravity and is 55lbs lighter so balance is better, I think the ride is smoother and more controlled although the VTX 1800 probably handles corners a little more nutrally but it does have that skinny tire on the back too, I don't think you can beat the VTX 1800's reliability, however Suzuki might be able to match it and 1 final note, wish Suzuki would match Honda's game plan for customizing the bike!

#8 ·
midnight hour said:
:bigthumbsup: First thing I wanna say is Congrats, I bought mine in Georgetown for 12,300 I traded in my 95 1100k BMW I've had harleys, hondas, and bmw's and nothing compares to my M109. :welcome: :a18:
congrats on your purchase!!!

#9 ·
$12,450 out the door. at ross motor sports. lufkin tx... after checking out what others on the forum paid for the 109 maybe mine was not such a good deal? on the other hand it was worth every penny she is like no other bike i have owned or rode in the past....

#11 ·
:welcome: This is an excerpt from a conversation I had with a rider out of South Carolina from whom I bought a 109 jacket:

"I have a Honda Magna 750, which is a pretty fast bike, and I thought I'd never own anything but a Honda, and wasn't even considering a purchase of anything any time soon. I got on a VTX 1800 about a year or so ago, and wasn't all that impressed. I just couldn't give up the handling and launch out of the hole.

I walked into the Suzuki dealer here in Charleston, SC to find some new riding gloves when my jaw hit the floor. I had looked at so many bikes and thought they were very cool, but nothing to "write home about." I saw the M109R and absolutely fell in love with it in about 2 seconds. I said to myself, "Self, you're going to own that bike one day."

Well, I got one and love it so much! It handles very well and is quite fast. But the looks...you just can't beat the lines, the chrome, rims, huge back tire. (Mine's black as well -- wouldn't want any other color)."

That is the concensus when it come to the VTX. The 109 cool factor is off the charts. It is not just another "me too" cruiser, but rather it is simply a bad ass hot rod bike that is a blast to ride. And the price makes it just a stupid bargain. I am soooooooo glad I chose the 109. I love it more every time I ride it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.