M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
busy day at the track today only got time for 2 TT. 1st  TT pass a guy on a harley pulls out of line to get next to me after seeing my lic plate never saw him at the track before so we go up to the line he plays the waiting game w/me won't put on the bottom light & I NEVER go in 1st. never have & never will I have the record 11 minutes then the other guy goes in. so we race he runs a 11.901 @ 108.91 I run a [email protected] his bike is lighter  wide glide & he is smaller than me has a pro pipe & mikuni carb. well this gets to me so I remove my stock air boxes just for fun well next TT pass I wait for him & get next to him he runs a 11.931 @ 108.22 well the 109 pulls off a 11.804 @ 110.86 with a 1.727 60' the fasest pass this stock 109 has run I guess the bike likes air. well then race time I red light a .498 but the 109 no air boxes runs a 11.837 @ 111.09 the fasest mph it has gone it was a great day temp 72 hud 30.9 & alt 3441. no point to the story so i will leave the air box off untill my plates arrive from hal & mount some filters I bought at pep boys.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
When you say you'll leave the airbox off, does this mean you are gonna run the bike with no filtration? If so, you aren't worried about engine damage?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Man thats great times,you picked up 3/10s from just the air box removed,wow i guess that really showe how tight they have the intake restricted. Ya that had to be an imbarrising moment when a non v-rod harley beat you to the end of a 1/4 mile track,i have had a few harleys and never found any of them quick or fast,so hats off to you for not throwing in the towel and letting the harley win,i bet he dosent like the taste of m109 now!!

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Medic1210 said:
 If so, you aren't worried about engine damage?
Alot of racers run no filters they are only running for a 1/4 mile at a time :bigthumbsup: ...... when all you are doing is trying to win anything is fair game. Becides when one of those motors come apart ,the last thing that you are gonna be concerned with is that little bit of dirt that you sucked in though the intake :p

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
OK, dumb question time: What's a TT pass? (I used to own an Audi TT and I know what it will run) but what does it stand for? :dontknow:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Yeah be careful with that no filters stuff, a bird may fly in there on your way down the track, could get ugly ::)

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Crazyspeed said:
I haven't had a chance to run the 109 yet, but I ran a [email protected] wit a 6.80 1/8 mile on my turbo busa with massive tire spin.
...that seems kinda slow to me. I swear I see a few kids at the track doing just under 6s on their Busa...and quite a few just at 6 or barely above.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Crazyspeed said:
I haven't had a chance to run the 109 yet, but I ran a [email protected] wit a 6.80 1/8 mile on my turbo busa with massive tire spin.
Apparently you are aptly named......that is moving. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
728 Posts
wildwolf said:
...that seems kinda slow to me. I swear I see a few kids at the track doing just under 6s on their Busa...and quite a few just at 6 or barely above.
The bike should run in the mid 5's in the 1/8 and mid 8's in the 1/4. The track was poorly prepped and I really didn't hook up unyil the 1/8. The big deal is the MPH.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
nice #'s just what all the busa guys run at my track that can ride that is not slow but that post was. my fat buddy 302 lbs busa lowered. PC, pipe & soft tire runs 10.20 @ 138

·
Registered
728 Posts
joet said:
nice #'s just what all the busa guys run at my track that can ride that is not slow but that post was. my fat buddy 302 lbs busa lowered. PC, pipe & soft tire runs 10.20 @ 138
That's movin for a big guy on a "stock bike" :bigthumbsup:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
rt-497
60'-1.727
330'-4.812
1/8-7.449
mph-92.79
1000'-9.784
1/4-11.804
mph-110.86
no air boxes temp 72 humd 30.9 & alt 3441

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
J R said:
What elevations are both of the tracks you guys are running just outta curiosity ?
on my hand held computer the altitude reading was 3441

well today is the last day of racing the frigid nationals 53 deg right now 10am w/clear Sky's we will see what the 109 will do w/these conditions. after today the 109 is being retired from racing & back on the street why? well just bought a California side car for it yesterday it goes to the dealer next sat to get it fitted. we have a 6 yr. old who loves to ride so in the sidecar he goes. this should be very interesting as I have never driven a bike w/a side car hope to get 1 or 2 rides this year to test it out.\

·
Registered
92 Posts

look mom no filters!!!!

I run my bug with dual 48 IDA's 42 venteruies/ and open velocity stacks all day. (grant it I dont travel down dirt roads) but this was my daily driver for 8 months and never had an issue.....most dirt is blown out the exhaust any how , you may have valve seat issues if you make a habbit of riding through dirt on a regular basis. hell my 660 raptor runs nothing more than a foam filter with airbox mods and it is still going strong since 01'

·
Registered
96 Posts
If you want to add a little more power with open barrels and no filters, I suggest you call Big Joe at Kewl Metal and ask about his ram air tubes for the 109, they will force air into the intake as the bike increases in speed and should give you another .1 to .3 seconds in the quarter. It's worth a try! :eek:

EFE M109

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
no air boxes today the bike ran sightly faster w/the weather being so cold but to tell you the truth it ran like sh%* just riding it around the track rough shakey at low speeds not smooth well dosen't matter now the side car is going on it with the JR cheap air mod from direct line

1 - 20 of 25 Posts