M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so for some reason my wife decided she needed to move my bike while i was not home and dropped it on the left side:-X:-\... i have suzuki crash bars but i can tell right off the bat that the shifter is bent up towards the bike. will i have to replace this part or can i bend it back out without any consequences?

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
The only thing I can say is, I woulda went to jail that day for beating her senseless. WTF mate!! There are just some things that are off limits, that's one of them.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I am so sorry bro. Thank God her foot wasn't in between it and the ground.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i'm just trying to make sure this will not do any damage to the tranny if i bend it back...

·
Registered
571 Posts
The shifter is not directly connected to the tranny. There is an adjustable rod between them. Bend it back, check for cracks in the metal at the bend. If it look OK, your probably OK. If she does it again, you will want to replace.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I would try to take it off of the bike first then bend it straight. It would be my luck I would bend the shaft, then I'd really be pissed.

·
Banned
1,218 Posts
It will bend back with no probs:bigthumbsup:

Also, the lil lady shouldnt have a 'headache' for at least two weeks:congrats:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,090 Posts
Bend it straight back down and it won't hurt anything. As long as you aren't pulling hard against the transmission it can't hurt anything in it.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I hope that she made up for it by cooking you a crazy meal or something. You can go ahead and bend it back it wont hurt anything, I did it when mine fell off while riding. The mechanic didn't torque the bolt down and it vibrated itself loose. I bet your wife wont touch your bike again.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Tell her it can't be fixed and you have to buy new parts. You can't buy new shiny stuff for one side and not the other, so buy a new brake lever while your at it. Since she knocked it over, she'll have no choice but to let you buy goodies for the beast. You have to see the bright side of every situation.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Bent shifter

I had the same problem with my C and I bent it back, checked for cracks and have had no problems. :doorag:

·
Registered
838 Posts
The shifter is not directly connected to the tranny. There is an adjustable rod between them. Bend it back, check for cracks in the metal at the bend. If it look OK, your probably OK. If she does it again, you will want to replace.
I think he's talking about replacing the wife here. :joke:
Have her wash and wax the bike. She'll learn not to touch it with you not knowing about it.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
1. Make a big deal about it.
2. Get a blowie to make up for your pain & suffering...

3. Then bend it back.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
what I really want to know is, did she pick it up by herself?
yeah surprisingly enough she actually muscled it up to the kickstand...

thanks for all the imput, I bent it back straight today but it's been raining so i didnt get to ride it to check all the shifts and everything but all looks good...:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
yeah surprisingly enough she actually muscled it up to the kickstand...

thanks for all the imput, I bent it back straight today but it's been raining so i didnt get to ride it to check all the shifts and everything but all looks good...:bigthumbsup:
:eek:You might not want to make her mad then. I don't know of very many women that could pick a 9 up off the ground.

I would just tell her you love her and don't make eye contact or sudden movements she is obviously a tough woman. :joke:

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I would try to take it off of the bike first then bend it straight. It would be my luck I would bend the shaft, then I'd really be pissed.
:agree:

Take your time , do it right and you will be happy .... cutting corners just screws parts up .

1 - 20 of 23 Posts