M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure if someone has posted this yet or not... But for those of you who want to be seen headlight modulators work great. I purchased one that plugs into the headlight, has a day night sensor (that is programmable) and works only in the day when the high beam is on..

Link:
http://www.bikerhiway.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=5

Just seems to make people see you a little faster than w/o it.... and one less person pulling out in front of you is one less set of road rash...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
287 Posts
I'm curious to know if fellow drivers think your flashing your headlights for them to get out of your way, or to signal them that your about to pass?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ruben said:
I'm curious to know if fellow drivers think your flashing your headlights for them to get out of your way, or to signal them that your about to pass?
If the cagers have to think about why your flashing your headlight, they see you.... so it's all good :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,501 Posts
Ruben said:
I'm curious to know if fellow drivers think your flashing your headlights for them to get out of your way, or to signal them that your about to pass?
I had one on one of my previous bikes, and I had cagers all the time telling me there's something wrong with my headlight. Hey, at least it got their attention, right? ;)
 
G

·
Moonbaby said:
I am not sure if someone has posted this yet or not... But for those of you who want to be seen headlight modulators work great. I purchased one that plugs into the headlight, has a day night sensor (that is programmable) and works only in the day when the high beam is on..

Link:
http://www.bikerhiway.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=5

Just seems to make people see you a little faster than w/o it.... and one less person pulling out in front of you is one less set of road rash...
I think something often overlooked is the brake light as well. on my old vstrom I just sold to get the 109, I added a hyperlite and it was an awesome addition... If you look at my blog, I should still have a video of it. web.mac.com/alanwhite123
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,501 Posts
BigGuyNKC said:
Ok, please forgive me. New to all the biker lingo. I will assume that "cager" means a car? Why are they called that exactly?
Yup, a cager is a car, because they drive around surrounded by a cage, so to speak. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
287 Posts
Moonbaby said:
If the cagers have to think about why your flashing your headlight, they see you.... so it's all good :)
Good point! :bigthumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
355 Posts
I have made a point of flashing my passing light, especially during the day so people turning left in front of me will see me. They often look at me funny but I dont care, that means they saw me. Going to do the mod where the back signal lights also serve as running lights to make sure I am more visible at night.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top