M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even before I took possession of my 9 I was on this forum looking at all the mods being done to your bikes, thinking about what I wanted to do to mine.

Now that I have one and the more I look at it, the more I wonder "Should I Just Leave It Alone"?

The 9 is beautiful in it's stock form and it does stand out somewhat because it is stock. My question is, are there any others on this forum that have made the conscience decision to stay modless?

Just curious

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
I'll say one thing, you'll have a lot more money in your pocket!!:D

·
Registered
285 Posts
Suzuki did a fantastic job at making an awesome stock bike. Awesome looking and performing. The thing I love about this bike is it is worthy of high dollar modification.

I haven't debadged, debeavered or debaffled, so I have made a decision to stay modless so far. Yet if I know there is an easy inexpensive mod that will improve the bike noticeably, I will consider it deeply. For instance, I think Santa is going to bring me the Trackday TRE with gear indicator for Christmas! :)

·
Registered
241 Posts
That is my thing! I have seven bikes. 6 of them are as stock as I can make them. 2008 Raider and I plan on leaving the exhaust stock on that as well. The one that is not was a basket case when I bought it and just too much money to return to stock, so lots of powder coating on that one. My art project.

I figure in 20 years I will have a Raider unlike no other as it will be stock and one of a few like that. AND, it didn't cost me anything!

I guess if I could only have one bike I might be more inclined to do some mods, or if I planned on selling it in a few years. But, I tend to hang onto my stuff forever. Trying to restore an older bike to stock is probably harder than modding a new one. Looking for that nicer muffler, shiny wheel, or correct headlamp is a big part of the fun for me.

Ultimately, it's your bike do what you want to with it.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I wish you much luck on that,cause after awhile she 's gonna grab you and clean your pockets out...:joke: and the truth!

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
I've done a few performance mods and small shiny things here and there but I'm with you, thinkin' the bike comes pretty blinged out stock. I know it's fun to change but it's easy to get carried away and lose the beauty of the original. After all, it was created by artists far more gifted than I when it comes to design. Also, there's not that many 9s around so the stock 9 is unique to most admirers.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I said the same thing a while back. It IS a great bike in stock form and I laughed to myself how much everyone here spent so much to replace what is already on the bike.;)

Now, well, you see my signature line. I can't frikken' stop.......:D

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I bought my 9 used and it had some nice mods already on it and its not over modded. But if I had bought it new, the only mods i would done right away would be to chrome the stock rims and debeaver.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
"Stock"?

I am not sure I know what you mean.

You mean buy it and not do anything to it?

Does not compute.

I could not own a car, truck, or especially bike that was just like one you could go buy.

Sure, stock may seem unusual here because this is a place where we talk about mods and add-ons, but there are 6 other 9s in my area. None of them members here and all of them stock.

Stock may be different here, but stock is the same as the large majority of what is out there.

If that is the way you want to go, good for you. Sometimes I wish I could stop. I am actually at the point now with my bike that a part of me wants to sell it and start over.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
"Stock"?

I am not sure I know what you mean.

You mean buy it and not do anything to it?

Does not compute.

I could not own a car, truck, or especially bike that was just like one you could go buy.

Sure, stock may seem unusual here because this is a place where we talk about mods and add-ons, but there are 6 other 9s in my area. None of them members here and all of them stock.

Stock may be different here, but stock is the same as the large majority of what is out there.

If that is the way you want to go, good for you. Sometimes I wish I could stop. I am actually at the point now with my bike that a part of me wants to sell it and start over.
May I suggest mod anonymous?? :D

·
Registered
643 Posts
or ya could just trade it for a pretty stock C/RT :dontknow:

:a20:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,882 Posts
Don't worry, you'll get over it soon. As soon as you are around a few others with mods you'll soon notice you have less money and less time due to the ones you'll be doing. :D

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I thought the same as you when I first bought my bike. I thought to myself....this thing is perfect in every way. But, like others have said, once you start seeing other 9's with mods and ALL the products/mods available, IT BECOMES A DISEASE! And, also you (IMO) do things to your bike to make it your own, which is something I like about this thing of ours.

In other words.....YOU'LL CAVE IN

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I was born with the mod bug....I'm cursed for life!!! Every bike I have ever owned, I had to make it "mine". :D

If you can keep it stock, more power to you, my brother. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
976 Posts
I've tried to resist the mod beast but his JUJU is too strong!
I'm getting tires this weekend and then I will stop. (famous last words.)

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
May I suggest mod anonymous?? :D
Hello.

My name is Scott.

I am a modoholic.

:'(

Step 1: I admit that I am powerless over modifying and swapping parts on my bike, my Hummer and well, everything I own.

:'(

Step 2: Believe a higher power could restore me to sanity.

Yeah right.

Oh well, I just failed out of the 12 steps at step 2.

:verymad:

I am cool with that.

:doorag:

I am not a modoholic. Modoholics are quitters.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
or ya could just trade it for a pretty stock C/RT :dontknow:

:a20:
I could?

I think I would need a little cash on that deal though;)

But there are mods a plenty I could do to your bike.:D

To be honest, I am just as happy doing things to other peoples bikes, which my explain why my neighbor thinks I run a biker gang with all of the bikes that are in and out of my garage.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts