M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've been home from work for just over 2 weeks (was gone for 2 months) done well over 2000 miles, debeavered, debadged, poor man chrome grill, Kury grips, cobra floor boards for the boss, red LEDs, tach drop, and loving the ride every minute. Bad news is I have 2 dented rims. Thank you nova scotia roads! Also, the rear tire is toast already (stock). Have a Dunlop elite 3 coming tomorrow. Any feedback on this tire?

Best ride so far has been the Cabot trail on cape Breton island. AMAZING ride. Google it! Pics to come as soon as my computer is brought back from the dead. Anywho, thought I'd say how much I'm enjoying this bike. Cheers!

·
Registered
263 Posts
alot of guys on this site run the dunnie 250 and swear by it. Im still trying to burn my stock rubber down I think im going to try a avon.

·
Registered
918 Posts
E3 250

I run the E3 250, but I don't really like it, its a good tire for the price, but i haven't had much luck with any brand of tire, and I just cant see paying the extra cash for 500 to a 1000 miles more than the E3 250.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Well I've been home from work for just over 2 weeks (was gone for 2 months) done well over 2000 miles, debeavered, debadged, poor man chrome grill, Kury grips, cobra floor boards for the boss, red LEDs, tach drop, and loving the ride every minute. Bad news is I have 2 dented rims. Thank you nova scotia roads! Also, the rear tire is toast already (stock). Have a Dunlop elite 3 coming tomorrow. Any feedback on this tire?

Best ride so far has been the Cabot trail on cape Breton island. AMAZING ride. Google it! Pics to come as soon as my computer is brought back from the dead. Anywho, thought I'd say how much I'm enjoying this bike. Cheers!
Did you get the Elite 3 from G Bourque in Moncton? Best price around.

Did the Cabot Trail 2 years ago..... best ride I've ever done yet. It was AMAZING.

You planning on attending the Wharf Rat Rally??

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,882 Posts
I got 5200 miles out of the stock rear and over 11,000 out of the E3 250. I had around 12,000 on the front E3 in stock size before I replaced it. I think you will like them.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
LOL

I run the E3 250, but I don't really like it, its a good tire for the price, but i haven't had much luck with any brand of tire, and I just cant see paying the extra cash for 500 to a 1000 miles more than the E3 250.
Try lightening up on the throttle. LOL I had the same prob with a Kawie 750 , 3 cylinder, The H-4 I think they called it. Bought the last one sold in AZ in 1974. Fastest production thing made then 75 HP 12 second flat, 1/4 mile. I had a real hard time keeping rear rubber on it when i would go to Phx. Those 2 strokes breath reallllllll good at that level.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Yike you might want to stop doing those burn outs and hard sliding stops. I managed to get over 14,000km's on my rear original. At 20,000 I'm going to be changing the front tire. Bought the Elite III 250, but the install wasn't a natural fit. Had to hit the tire with my knee so that it would clear the swing arm and drive gear housing. Once past, then it rolls just fine. The ride is much smoother and the down shifting is equally smooth.

Oh, and the new tire is a 250. Only got 3700 miles out of the stock and the cord is showing :0

·
Registered
8,311 Posts
Cabot trail

How are the roads on the Cabot trail...are they as rough as I've heard in the past ? Would love to do that ride...how long is the Cabot trail?
I have 17900 km on my stockers...I ride hard now and again,but no burnouts...I ride in the country for the most part and I avoid all the bumpy pavement...love the twisty's ..:evil:

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Cabot trail roads are in very good condition. If you plan to do it let me know. I'd do it again in heart beat. I'm about an hour away from the island. It was 735 km's from my house and back. Did it in one day.

Got the E3 from Moncton. And I do plan on going to the wharf rat rally. I'll be bringing a sleeping bad and tent as I hear all the rooms are booked. Pretty big rally from what I understand.

·
Registered
288 Posts
They claimed 17000 bikes last year and I'm sure that was close. It's amazing how many people show up to the tiny town of Digby. It is a very big deal at this end of the province.

Hope to see you there!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts