M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
2017, M109r
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Cloud Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle

Ive kind of migrated to FB and IG, not on here much these days. (Socko6774 if youre on IG)
Pretty much tapped out a far as modding my 9 goes. Still struggling with this 2 piece swingarm and modified drive shaft set up. I've snapped 1 shaft already. Was going to go back to stock swingarm, ditch my 300 and just run a 280. But I put too much money into this 300 set up and refuse to be defeated. I think i definetly should have shimmed the wheel. *I hate that I had to bevel the shaft to keep it from rubbing the tire, definetly compromises the strength of it. This time we tappered the bevel instead of straight notching it. If its snaps again im going back to stock. I Dont remember the make of the swingarm. It was made by a member, won in a raffle.
How exactly do you shim this to clear the shaft? The teeth on the hub are only so long.
Few pics for attention 馃槀

Cloud Tire Plant Sky Wheel
Tire Wheel Cloud Sky Fuel tank
Cloud Tire Sky Wheel Plant
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Vehicle

Registered
2017, M109r
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great to see you back again, and the bike is looking fantastic!
Can't help with the shimming, I run the 280 on 10" just so I wouldn't have that problem. But if you search on here I'm sure it's covered somewhere.

Did you break the driveshaft or the swing arm? I haven't heard of a shaft breaking in a long time.
Thanks! I sheared the shaft clean in half where the shop beveled it on a hard acceleration from 1st to second. Which really annoys me because I told the shop I wasn't happy with them taking anything off my shaft. I should have just shimmed the damn thing in the first place. Now I basically just baby the bike with the new drive shaft. kind of defeats the purpose of the whole bike now.
I may be mistaken (happens a lot!) but I think the only 2-piece swingarm was made by swampworks.
Thanks for the replies guys! It wasnt swampworks, I was a forum member that made them. I can't remember his name for the life of me though? Its been a couple years.
I bought a 300 Shinko Verge this time, AZ heat n cambered roads are really chewing up my tires. I couldn't find an ME888 or Avon Cobra any where. hoping its a litte narrower.
Ill reach out the Matt and get his input.

Registered
2017, M109r
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you get with Matt futurR I believe he can send you in the correct direction .
DamGuy has had a special rim made to fit either 320 or a330 on his bike ! ,
And pretty sure they have talked about it . Bill even had his t shirt on that day ,
So I looked @ his tire it was big !!
Just a thought ,he even has front air shocks he made for it .
I can't imagine rolling on. 330!! This thing handles like a bathtub with a 300!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts