M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She ain't stock no mo'

What's up my VA riders.....just finished up my latest mods and love this damn bike more each day...so far
- sorge debever bracket
- LED plate lite
- Cobra Swept exhaust
- Cobra Fi2000R
- CWI backrest

The exhaust and tuner were just installed a couple days ago..currently running at the stock settings, but going to bump up the first pot to a 2 and see where that takes me....damn these things are fun....

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Lookin Good Va !!
you are the Wrenchin Rider type :bigthumbsup:

your are gonna love that backrest , Zoom has some type of material under the seat to fill that space ,
I think it is pipe insulation cut down ,it really looked good on his
Lookinn foward to meetin ya Some day :doorag:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,942 Posts
That's some really good mods, you're going to love all of them. :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

Here's the foam that Rob was talking about. This was the foam handle wrap from an old leaf rake, but foam pipe insulation should work just as well. I just cut a slit in it, flattened it, and stuffed it in there. Cut it so it butts against the backrest bracket and with a slight angle on the bottom so it matches the fender slope.

I also have pictures of another simple mod to keep it in place if you need it. They tend to bend back too far if you put pressure on them, but the little mod stops that.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We gotta catch up and do some ridin' dude
for real...considering you live down the street dontcha

I posted up a ride coming up in May.....(I know it's 'group' ride)

but how often do you get to ride on 95 and have the entire highway to just bikers!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lookin Good Va !!
you are the Wrenchin Rider type :bigthumbsup:

your are gonna love that backrest , Zoom has some type of material under the seat to fill that space ,
I think it is pipe insulation cut down ,it really looked good on his
Lookinn foward to meetin ya Some day :doorag:
Love tinkering.....I guess it's why I'm on my third jeep now....just so much you can do to those damn things.....

I have a few more items planned but this is it for a few months lol...MIGHT do some LED's.....but not sure quite yet...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's some really good mods, you're going to love all of them. :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

Here's the foam that Rob was talking about. This was the foam handle wrap from an old leaf rake, but foam pipe insulation should work just as well. I just cut a slit in it, flattened it, and stuffed it in there. Cut it so it butts against the backrest bracket and with a slight angle on the bottom so it matches the fender slope.

I also have pictures of another simple mod to keep it in place if you need it. They tend to bend back too far if you put pressure on them, but the little mod stops that.

nice...I really don't have any space...was actually worried about the backrest making too much contact with the cowl....was happy they supplied a rubberized sticker to put on there to cushin it a bit....

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,942 Posts
Mine hits the cowl too, but it's never put a mark on it. Those little rubberized pieces work and where they hit if it did leave a mark you wouldn't see it.

That gap may be the difference between gel and regular seats. Mine are gel and they do seem to sit forward a little more when used with a stock rear seat.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mine hits the cowl too, but it's never put a mark on it. Those little rubberized pieces work and where they hit if it did leave a mark you wouldn't see it.

That gap may be the difference between gel and regular seats. Mine are gel and they do seem to sit forward a little more when used with a stock rear seat.
That's it....I was looking at your picture thinking.."something just dosn't seem the same" lol....yeah I use the stock seat...IF I do anything seat wise it will be the corbin...but really don't have the need other than wanting heated seats as I still ride in cold weather....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts