M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys!
After taking the baffles out off the stock mufflers my friend noticed substantial loss of power probably due to the lack of the back pressure. So the question is to all guys who took the baffles off the stock mufflers or installed scorpions tips or any other extensions: do you have loss of power? And how do you deal with it?

·
Registered
913 Posts
You will lose torque if you remove the baffles. Baffles creat back pressure, the back pressure increases your tq. So it will feel like you lost power.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
It takes the power away from the rpm range that you spend most of your time at.
Sound is great! I put mine back in immediately.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
he hasnt opened it up on the highway yet has he.....:evil:

when he does he will forget about his "loss of power":bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
he hasnt opened it up on the highway yet has he.....:evil:

when he does he will forget about his "loss of power":bigthumbsup:
:agree:

Bobby Mac and I have been having a conversation about debaffling. I removed my end caps and the baffles up to the farthest one inside the pipe. Then I drilled 6-1/2" holes in that final plate. The sound is awesome, and I haven't noticed any lack of power. I finished the project today and have been smiling every since. I set off my first car alarm today, so that was a bonus!!! :D

·
Registered
122 Posts
:agree:

Bobby Mac and I have been having a conversation about debaffling. I removed my end caps and the baffles up to the farthest one inside the pipe. Then I drilled 6-1/2" holes in that final plate. The sound is awesome, and I haven't noticed any lack of power. I finished the project today and have been smiling every since. I set off my first car alarm today, so that was a bonus!!! :D
:congrats::bigthumbsup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts