M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went for a ride with Brian and Ken and Ken's lovely wife Laura today.

The weather was perfect in sunny Fla 80 degrees.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Yeah M109Lover go ahead and rub it in, makes me wonder why I moved over here from Lakeland 25 years ago We had 32F yesterday ::)
Thanks for sharing the pictures, glad you had a nice day and a nice ride :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Yep spent the day at the Grand opening of the big Harley Dealer then spent the night at an outdoor concert. Had to make a few phone calls to the family in Denver to see if they were outside in their t-shirts also.

I wonder where I should ride today???

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
glad you are havin nice weather and can enjoy it. that's a nice lookin riding partner ya got there too :p

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
phaed said:
glad you are havin nice weather and can enjoy it. that's a nice lookin riding partner ya got there too :p
Laura is one cool lady, Ken is a lucky guy to have her !!! :bigthumbsup:

We rode out today (Sunday) again, here is more of the crew.

Mark and his son Josh

BIg Josh and his brand new harley ( We don't discriminate ;) as long as its Black :joke:)

My Black Beauty

·
Registered
386 Posts
Sanford brings back some good memories. I spent about a month there when I moved from England and met up with 2 great guys, Ben Lake who was an awesome mechanic and his buddy Dave Redwine who had a spread there with a really nice big workshop where they worked on his 7 second nitrous small block powered ( yes SMALL BLOCK) corvette.

He used to run a wrecking yard and sold it and enjoyed his retiremnet racing. He had the same engine in a 67 camaro before and it looked kinda ratty. He would go and line up with the top sportsmen dragsters and they would see this guy in his late 50s (I guess) and figure he had no clue and would tell him he needed to line up with the street guys, he would say, No I'll be fine with these guys and they thought he had lost his marbles!
He then ran mid 8's!! and he said their jaws were on the floor!!

He let me stay there and work on my 34 ford when we put in the LS6 with 2x4s.

If anyone around there knows him or Ben, tell 'em Hi from English Jon with the 34 Ford :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
toneout said:
It was a beautiful day in Altamonte Springs for Coppers and Choppers.
Yeah, I wanted to attend that but the wife had other plans and needed me home by 1300. :realmad:

We might go again this Saturday morning.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We are going to Sanford Saturday morning for a poker run for a worthy cause at 0800 hours.

G

·
Wish I could go but I get to work this weekend. In at 0900 Saturday til 2330. Working Sunday too. Lots of city events.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Toneout,

It was friggin cold this morning at 0730 but the day progressed beautifully in sunny Florida.

Will catch up with you soon.

And met another guy in Apopka with a silver 109 to add to the group.

Peace

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
M109.....what IS friggin cold to you??!!It was 36 when I left my house this afternoon.Nice pics tho.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
tworangerted said:
M109.....what IS friggin cold to you??!!It was 36 when I left my house this afternoon.Nice pics tho.
50 degrees at 0730 hours was pretty cold for down here in the sunshine state.

This was the final stop in Apopka at Mullinax Ford dealership. 80 degrees by that time.

Bills bike - met him that day day through Frank who rides a Kawi Ninja

1 - 14 of 14 Posts