M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm really wanting to take out my baffels completely on an 06 model. i just need an idea how the easist way and the quickest way to gut it. does anyone have detailed pictures? thanks!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm really wanting to take out my baffles completely on an 06 model. i just need an idea how the easiest way and the quickest way to gut it. does anyone have detailed pictures? thanks!
check hinks signature at the bottom of his post has a lot of good info on mods also try doing a search:welcome: for it there are several other 109 riders that have done it they probably will be chiming in here shortly

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
How not to

I think there is lots of "how to info" here, so I'll give you the "how not to" info.
1. Don't loose the hole saw inside your muffler. Most attach to the drill with a set screw. Drill an indentation in the drill bit where the set screw sits, and use locktite on the set screw.
2. Don't let the extention spin on the drill bit. Drill an indentation and use locktite on those set screws.
3. Don't freak out if you lose the piece you drill out. Try not to lose it inside by adjusting the drill bit 1 inch longer than the hole saw. If you lose 1 or 2, nbd, they won't hurt anything.
4. Don't tell you wife, no good can come of this.:D

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Just take the pipes off, and replace with Big Shots:bigthumbsup: There is a guy on the NE forum with a set for sale! Instead of hacking up your stock pipes, just a thought:dontknow:

·
Registered
448 Posts
One word air chisel makes it a whole lot easier
pm sent

1 - 9 of 9 Posts