M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Date: Thursday, August 23, 2006 1:08 PM

Subject: Florida Dept of Fish &Wildlife Alert

The Florida Department of Fish and Wildlife is advising hikers, hunters,  fishermen, golfers and tourists in general to take extra precautions and  keep alert for alligators while in: Alachua, Marion, Lake, Collier,  Lee, Seminole, Osceola, Polk, Brevard, Putnam and Orange counties.

They advise people to wear noise-producing devices such as little bells on their shoes or clothing to alert but not startle the alligators  unexpectedly.  They also advise the carrying of pepper spray in case of an encounter with an alligator.

It is also a good idea to watch for fresh signs of  alligator activity.  People should learn to recognize the difference between small / young alligator and large / adult alligator droppings.

Young alligator droppings are smaller and contain fish bones and possibly bird feathers.

Adult alligator droppings contain little bells and smell like pepper spray. :D             

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Candingo said:
Date: Thursday, August 23, 2006 1:08 PM

Subject: Florida Dept of Fish &Wildlife Alert

The Florida Department of Fish and Wildlife is advising hikers, hunters, fishermen, golfers and tourists in general to take extra precautions and keep alert for alligators while in: Alachua, Marion, Lake, Collier, Lee, Seminole, Osceola, Polk, Brevard, Putnam and Orange counties.

They advise people to wear noise-producing devices such as little bells on their shoes or clothing to alert but not startle the alligators unexpectedly. They also advise the carrying of pepper spray in case of an encounter with an alligator.

It is also a good idea to watch for fresh signs of alligator activity. People should learn to recognize the difference between small / young alligator and large / adult alligator droppings.

Young alligator droppings are smaller and contain fish bones and possibly bird feathers.

Adult alligator droppings contain little bells and smell like pepper spray. :DÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â
Additional info regarding this matter have been posted by the Florida Wild Life Commission:
According to the Commission you are to proceed directly to Step # 7 of the Wild Life Code..... "WHEN ATTACKED BY A ADULT GATOR, BEND OVER, TOUCH YOUR TOES AND KISS YOUR A$$ GOOD BYE" :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
cbxer55 said:
You carry a .45 too? COOL
I carry a Kimber every day.
Never leave home without it.

Robert Hill
Midwest City, OK.
:bigthumbsup: got a couple of them myself ;)

·
Registered
443 Posts
Browning Hi-Power,9mm. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Mania, That is one pretty 1911 :bigthumbsup:....................... I'm not the kind of person who owns gun I wouldn't shoot , but if I owned that it would be a safe queen :p (I wouldn't want to screw it up ;) )

Heres a pic of a couple of my "plain" 1911s :doorag:

·
Registered
387 Posts
I like the real story years ago out of Florida about Joggers who ran alongside the road next to an adult Gator sunning itself. One day it grabbed a jogger and started backwards to the water; a good Samaritan fought it off with a broom and won. The jogger was grateful......JOHN

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
When I was on the trip to Sturgis a couple of weeks ago the neighbor took his two little dogs out for a walk and only came home with one. The other dog was an alligators late night snack.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Mine is a Glock 21. Thirteen shots of .45 outta get somethings attention. I might not hit everytime, but I bet with 13 I can hit enough

1 - 16 of 16 Posts