M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a pic from sicric on his front fairing, sweeeeet :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup: Trying to figure out where fairing came from and prices. Everything I've found so far is in the 1000s. I saw the batwings on Cruiser customizing for around 300 but no fitment for the 07 m109R???:dontknow: Need some good leads and someones experiences. Thanx!!

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
Do a search for extreme revolution. I fell in love with sicric's fairing and ordered one last year. I love it, and the people were great to work with. You are looking at about $499 for the fairing and hardware, another $85-90 for the windshield, and then you will need to get it painted. Saves a few hundred vs. the Corbin. It is also pretty easy to remove, and reattach. I took mine off for the summer, but will be putting it back on in a couple of weeks.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
I dont think you will find one

for under $1000, They are not cheap, but LOOK GOOD lol

I saw a pic from sicric on his front fairing, sweeeeet :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup: Trying to figure out where fairing came from and prices. Everything I've found so far is in the 1000s. I saw the batwings on Cruiser customizing for around 300 but no fitment for the 07 m109R???:dontknow: Need some good leads and someones experiences. Thanx!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do a search for extreme revolution. I fell in love with sicric's fairing and ordered one last year. I love it, and the people were great to work with. You are looking at about $499 for the fairing and hardware, another $85-90 for the windshield, and then you will need to get it painted. Saves a few hundred vs. the Corbin. It is also pretty easy to remove, and reattach. I took mine off for the summer, but will be putting it back on in a couple of weeks.
Thanx for the info. I guess I'll just have to start saving up for the good stuff.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
looks good anybody know the details on mounting that headlite and what kind of lite? Thx

·
Registered
1 Posts
batwing fairing

I just called wide open custom fairings today and they said in about 6-8 weeks they should have the fairing done for the M109R for anyone interested. The price should be $750 for just the fairing without the speakers,cd deck and paint or $850 with marine seakers, deck and no paint.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Spoke to them today with same explanation. Hopefully they will be ready by then.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Custom Fairings....

Check with Spudwrenches... he incorporates your headlight bucket therefore keeping the original look... he is here on this site..
Good luck...
ED:cop:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Heard back from Wide Open Customs today. They are looking at September for a final product. Here is the email and pics I recieved from them today-----

It is going to be a tight fit. We still have the brackets to make and we are wanting the outer to come back from being hard tooled, and we are finshing up the inner before it goes to tooling. I just want to make sure you saw that it is going to be a tight fit. its going to be tight around the headlight it going to be close to the speedo as you can see in the pictures and your not going to have a cubby hole. All this does take some time. With us having to go to shows it has delayed our project. We are hoping evrything will be done by sept. Sorry for any inconvence.

We would like your feed back on how this looks.

Thanks
Brandy

If you have any questions please feel free to call us or e-mail.

Thank you for your sales inquiry.

Wide Open Custom
620-795-4421
620-795-4428 Fax
www.wideopencustom.com
Store hours Monday-Thursday 8 am to 5 pm Friday 8 am to 4 pm
We appreciate your business!!

I think if a KewlMetal or comparable tach relocation was used there would be plenty of room for the pocket/cubby hole area they are talking about.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I think your setup looks way better Spud, killer job on that fairing. Wide Open Customs should take some pointers from your design. That is exactly the way a fairing should look for our bikes.

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
I think your setup looks way better Spud, killer job on that fairing. Wide Open Customs should take some pointers from your design. That is exactly the way a fairing should look for our bikes.
:agree:but after looking at the pic of the inside of your fairing i would like it better if it had all the spaces for headunit and speakers in there just my 2cents.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I have been hunting for a fairing for 6 months. I don't like the "swoops" on the Corbin. I have talk to Spudwrench, but maybe he can answer, but I wasn't sure he would/could fabricate for others. He was stuck on getting an inner portion of the fairing developed. I'm on "the list" for Wide Open Customs. Question I had: I am adding 3" risers to get my handle bars back. Do you think that will look out of place on a fairing?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Got e-mail also from Wide Open Customs

I think this batwing fairing is gonna blow away the Corbin Alien!!;)

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
I think that spud has come up with the ultimate batwing fairing for the nine. 3" risers should be fine with a fairing. I have 2" risers on mine, and I love them. They do not look out of place at all. It also gave me extra clearance for the speakers.

·
Registered
95 Posts
If Spud came up with an inner (speakers, pocket, etc) for his fairing it would be the "ultimate" M109R fairing. People would be lined up to buy them if his fairing was ever put into production.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Fairing

My bike is the R2 model but I just finished installing the Memphis Shades fairing and I think its turning out really good; I've also consulted with Junkyard Dog in FL for input. I can send you pictures, just send me your e-mail. My contact info is (770) 652-8567 and [email protected]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts