M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I think it's time to get a new battery! i have about 10 miles and 3.5 years on her and this is the stock battery so i feel i have gotten my use out of it. Since the arrival of my liitle baby girl in September i have been driving the car more and the bike has been sitting so it doesnt hget it's daily charge so I know this is killing it quicker.
Anyways, What replkacement do you recommend? Anything better than the stocker?
I have a bike\car show this Sunday so I need to get one quick. I was thinking to just go over to the dealer and get a stocker.

Thoughts!

Juice109

·
Registered
116 Posts
GMan Industries Battery

Well I think it's time to get a new battery! i have about 10 miles and 3.5 years on her and this is the stock battery so i feel i have gotten my use out of it. Since the arrival of my liitle baby girl in September i have been driving the car more and the bike has been sitting so it doesnt hget it's daily charge so I know this is killing it quicker.
Anyways, What replkacement do you recommend? Anything better than the stocker?
I have a bike\car show this Sunday so I need to get one quick. I was thinking to just go over to the dealer and get a stocker.

Thoughts!

Juice109
I would go with a GMan Industries battery for the 9. I just bought one on a lot of other members advise and it is great. Before I changed my stocker my bike took a few seconds to start. When I put the GMan battery in it started like a light switch (instantly), and with a lot of power. This battery has a ton more cranking amps than the stocker. It is slightly larger but it will fit.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
We have 2 Odyssey batteries from Gman. One is dead but the customer service is excellent. I am testing the bike this weekend to make sure it isn't the bike robbing power from it vs. the battery being dead. Up until it happened, they both have a ton of cranking power even after sitting a little while.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
+1 for the Odyssey from Gman

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Well I think it's time to get a new battery! i have about 10 miles and 3.5 years on ...
10 miles in 3.5 years?

Why bother having a battery or even the bike for that matter.:joke:

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
10 miles in 3.5 years?

My bad! I meant 10K in 3.5 years and I worl only 2 miles from home so I do actually ride. It's my car\daily driver but since the baby the wife has been hoe and i have been driving the car and letting it sit for a week at a time does no good for the battery! I have a tender but need to hook some quick connects on the bike for the new battery!

Juice109

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
My bad! I meant 10K in 3.5 years and I worl only 2 miles from home so I do actually ride. It's my car\daily driver but since the baby the wife has been hoe and i have been driving the car and letting it sit for a week at a time does no good for the battery! I have a tender but need to hook some quick connects on the bike for the new battery!

Juice109
That was what I figured, thus the :joke:

If you go Gman, no need for a tender. In fact, I think even their sight warns you not to use one.

·
Registered
146 Posts
battery

Gman has the odessy on sale today for $99. Its their cyber Monday sale.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
10 miles in 3.5 years?

DA^M!! you beat me too it:bow:

I have the Gbat odyssey battery also. so far so good.:bigthumbsup:

G

·
Guess I'd better shut up after saying - why could I just get an Odyssey battery when I could have one with Gman's name on it??? What's the big deal? Does he sell Optima and Braille too with the name on it?:dontknow:

·
Registered
890 Posts
I have a 06 with a little over 10k took my battery to get it replaced the battery shop put load test on it he said I know its 4 years old but the new battery in this box is not going to be a bit stronger than the one you have I took it back and will wait for it to get weak some day

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
I have a 06 with a little over 10k took my battery to get it replaced the battery shop put load test on it he said I know its 4 years old but the new battery in this box is not going to be a bit stronger than the one you have I took it back and will wait for it to get weak some day
With batteries it's not the mileage, it's the age. Batteries have a life span and yours is due for replacement. And it's certainly more convenient to swap it out in your garage than on the road so I wouldn't wait. I agree with the above posts claiming the Odyssey is the way to go.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Guess I'd better shut up after saying - why could I just get an Odyssey battery when I could have one with Gman's name on it??? What's the big deal? Does he sell Optima and Braille too with the name on it?:dontknow:
I must of missed something:confused:, but the Gbat is already trimmed and the odessey isn't trimmed for the 109.... But it's probably not that big of deal to trim it, but then again... have something go wrong with it and I'm not sure but the battery manufacturer might say something about you trimming it and voiding the warranty.:dontknow: I went ahead and bought the Gbat due to time and any type of defective chance. Plus Gman participates in this forum, in the C109 section mostly, and that's more than I can say for many other suppliers.
Him and Squirrel I see on here the most and for me that says a lot.:doorag: JMO:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Because Gman trims the fins so that it is a drop-in replacement.

If you bought it anywhere else, that is some time you would need to be spending in the garage covered in plastic shavings.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I must of missed something:confused:, but the Gbat is already trimmed and the odessey isn't trimmed for the 109.... But it's probably not that big of deal to trim it, but then again... have something go wrong with it and I'm not sure but the battery manufacturer might say something about you trimming it and voiding the warranty.:dontknow: I went ahead and bought the Gbat due to time and any type of defective chance. Plus Gman participates in this forum, in the C109 section mostly, and that's more than I can say for many other suppliers.
Him and Squirrel I see on here the most and for me that says a lot.:doorag: JMO:bigthumbsup:
Jinx

·
Registered
4,743 Posts

·
Registered
2,313 Posts

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,091 Posts
I replaced my 3.5 year old battery with a Gbat a couple months ago. I can't say that it cranks a ton better, but the old battery was still doing fine. I replaced it since most bike batteries that I've had that failed just dropped dead with no warning.

The Gbat Odyssey battery gets charged with a regular charger that puts out at least 6 amps. Charging them with a battery tender will ruin them.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I must of missed something:confused:,
i think we all missed it , he's seem to have an attitude for GMAN since he joined the forum and this isn't the first shot he's taken at one of his products

·
Radio Active Member
27,696 Posts
My 06 battery is still going strong with a little over 20k on her.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts