M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had battery issues. My battery has gone bad, it has a shorted cell. I have never touched anything electrical on my bike. I had to order a new battery because it will not charge at all. The dealership told me that none of the motorcycle distributors have been able to order any m109 batteries, You have to order from Suzuki at $155. Just curious if anyone else has had anything similar
Thanks Shawn

·
Registered
721 Posts
shawnadair said:
Has anyone had battery issues. My battery has gone bad, it has a shorted cell. I have never touched anything electrical on my bike. I had to order a new battery because it will not charge at all. The dealership told me that none of the motorcycle distributors have been able to order any m109 batteries, You have to order from Suzuki at $155. Just curious if anyone else has had anything similar
Thanks Shawn
Get the specs outta the owners manual and go buy a new battery from some auto parts place or NTB.....
It does not have to come from Suzuki.... Just needs the correct specs and size to fit the space provided.

G

·
One other member had a problem with a battery also, you should be able to cross reference it at DLP, one of the other web dealers.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I had the same issue. I took the battery to the selling dealer and they warrantied it for me.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
If I may chime in... You should invest or I should say...we all should invest in an Battery charger and trickle charge every now and then.

Running you motor cycle or idling your bike doesn't fully charge...like a trickle will do for you...this is if your cell is not bad.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Give Interstate Battery a call I bet they got one and cover complete USA :read: I bet I can find one at WAlly World that would crank it.

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Shitty!!!! sounds quite fishy for a new battery to do that and to have them charge you, you must be a realy nice guy, well your up and running thats the main thing. See if you can switch to a nicer dealer, they shouldn't have done that to you.. :(

·
Registered
387 Posts
Battery - Type Designation FTZ16-BS
Capacity 12V, 64.8kC (18 Ah)/10HR

Out of my new Suzuki Service Manual for the VZR1800 Bar Code - 99500-39290-03E

$78.00 - I think it be a little pricy.......JOHN

·
Registered
205 Posts
mack400 said:
Battery - Type Designation FTZ16-BS
Capacity 12V, 64.8kC (18 Ah)/10HR

Out of my new Suzuki Service Manual for the VZR1800 Bar Code - 99500-39290-03E

$78.00 - I think it be a little pricy.......JOHN
When mine went out and I checked a couple months ago, no one had the 109 on their list. I did find a Suzuki replacement online, but it was listed as $150! F' that. Check with your selling dealer before you shell out $$

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everyone for the replies, I am going to try the dealer I bought it from. I live in Richmond, VA and bought the 109 in Marland so I was trying to do something local at first, but I'm not trying to spend $155 if I don't have to. Thanks Again, Shawn

·
Registered
13 Posts
shawnadair said:
Thanks everyone for the replies, I am going to try the dealer I bought it from. I live in Richmond, VA and bought the 109 in Marland so I was trying to do something local at first, but I'm not trying to spend $155 if I don't have to.   Thanks Again, Shawn
Mine died as well. I took it back to dealer and because I purchased the bike in under 6 months they replaced it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey Shawn,

What did you end up doing to resolve your battery problem? Back to the orignial Dealer? Extreme Power Sports in Fredericksburg, VA seems like a good group to work with and they're not too far away from you. I'm waiting on my new Red 109 from them. I don't have any personal experience with their service department yet but everyone I've talked to says they are Tops!

When I get mine we'll have to hook up for a ride.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts