M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left my key on for more than 20 hours, jump the bike battery and it started, I let it idle for a while, but still dies out when ever i tried to cranck it up, do i need a new battery or do i need to have it properly charge ?

·
Registered
106 Posts
need to have it properly charged.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Your battery is 3 years old now. Why risk the chance of getting stranded, just replace it so you don't have to worry.

·
Registered
191 Posts
The battery in my bike is fairly new from a 2009 C109 it was install this summer..
Wasn't aware of that since your signature indicates your bike is 2007. I still think for peace of mind you should replace it. Once batteries run dry they never hold a charge properly.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Wasn't aware of that since your signature indicates your bike is 2007. I still think for peace of mind you should replace it. Once batteries run dry they never hold a charge properly.
:agree:

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I did the same thing. She is dead; why try to resurrect when there's a chance it might leave you stranded. IMHO You need to replace.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
I did the same thing. She is dead; why try to resurrect when there's a chance it might leave you stranded. IMHO You need to replace.
NO!! johnny 5 is Alive!!!

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
when regular batteries get completely drained they can be recharged but never get back to a full 100% of where they once were. they lose a small percentage of the ability to get fully charged. if they get completely drained one too many times it is sometimes best to just replace with a new battery just to be safe.
i would try charging it properly and seeing how it responds to that. if it gives you any further problems, just replace it.

if you replace it, go with the gman industries Gbat. :bigthumbsup:

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
when regular batteries get completely drained they can be recharged but never get back to a full 100% of where they once were. they lose a small percentage of the ability to get fully charged. if they get completely drained one too many times it is sometimes best to just replace with a new battery just to be safe.
i would try charging it properly and seeing how it responds to that. if it gives you any further problems, just replace it.

if you replace it, go with the gman industries Gbat. :bigthumbsup:
Gary sells his own battery brand???? LOL what doesn't he do ???

1 - 14 of 14 Posts