M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if leaving your Bike in gear draw any amprage from the battery ? Sounded crazy to me when the local bike shop told me that after I brought back a dead battery after only 3 months. Now its more than likely my fault for not starting the bike for just about 2 months with the temp going up and dropping to freezing at night, but dead from leaving it in gear...???
Either he's right or I have dumb ass written on my forhead.

Please respond

·
Registered
65 Posts
Does anyone know if leaving your Bike in gear draw any amprage from the battery ? Sounded crazy to me when the local bike shop told me that after I brought back a dead battery after only 3 months. Now its more than likely my fault for not starting the bike for just about 2 months with the temp going up and dropping to freezing at night, but dead from leaving it in gear...???

Please respond
Leaving the bike in gear or netural was no effect on the battery.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Your dealer should have "dumbass" written all over their forehead. As stated above, it has no draw what so ever. Neutral or in gear....does nothing.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought so... Just had to ask. He said it with such conviction, I was not sure.

Thanks. Let me go rub this writting off my forehead.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
I thought so... Just had to ask. He said it with such conviction, I was not sure.

Thanks. Let me go rub this writting off my forehead.
Give me his number. I will be more then happy to call him and ask him to explain to me how he comes to this conclusion. I have no issues calling him an idiot after I prove to him that he is. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Possible?

Nah..................not.
The Corvette has a weird syndrome, called DBS by the forum guys. Seems that unless you leave the 6 speed manual ones in reverse, it drains the battery in a few days. Why it was made this way, I have no idea. Perhaps this tidbit was rattling around in his head, and attached itself to the wrong neuron. But our bikes don't do this. Suzuki did enough weird stuff like checking the oil to make up for it.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts

Please respond
not sure I would want them working on my bike!

·
Registered
643 Posts
I ONLY park my bike in gear with no issues

·
Registered
317 Posts
You should not be asking this question.
Anyway, answer is NO!

Does anyone know if leaving your Bike in gear draw any amperage from the battery ? Sounded crazy to me when the local bike shop told me that after I brought back a dead battery after only 3 months. Now its more than likely my fault for not starting the bike for just about 2 months with the temp going up and dropping to freezing at night, but dead from leaving it in gear...???

Please respond

1 - 12 of 12 Posts