M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, So it's not North...
BUT I have been wanting to go, and it looks really cool.
PLUS we may get some brothers from Alabama to show up too!
Its about 145 miles from the junction of 285 and 400 if we go on the highway.
I figure we can take some back roads once we are west of Atlanta. If we leave around 8AM
and take some better riding roads we could take a leisurely 4hrs and get there when it opens on a Sunday.
Have lunch and spend a couple hours looking around. Leave around 3PM and we are back to the starting place around 5PM
The SC boys will have the longest ride this time out.

MUSEUM
http://www.barbermuseum.org/index.html

MAP (from my house, but the distance is nearly the same from 400/285)
http://www.google.com/maps?daddr=60...86611600,8664566875723195326&ie=UTF8&z=9&om=1

Admission

Admission rates are $10 for Adults,
$6.00 for Children ages 4-12, and
FREE for Children 3 and under.

3 day Weekend Pass
$ 15.00 for Friday, Saturday and Sunday
(can only be used on consecutive days)

Hours of operation

April 1 - September 30
Monday - Saturday 10am - 6pm
Sunday Noon - 6pm

October 1 - March 31
Monday - Saturday 10am - 5pm
Sunday Noon - 5pm

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
wow, that looks kinda cool

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They also have races there at the track so we can see a car OR bike race there next year too.
I still want to make it this fall though.

Sledzep

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
phaed said:
wow, that looks kinda cool
I can tell you "kinda cool" does not do it justice. I rode over by myself this spring right after I got my 9. Only had about two hours to look around and the time went in a flash. I've been wanting to go back. I rode an arc north on backroads going over, and an arc south coming back - avoiding all interstates. Had a real good time and have wanted to go back and see the half I didn't get to see.

Here are two pics I took that day when I was there.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Doing research, I found this thread and just want y'all to know, us N.Alabama boys are going to set up a great ride to the museum, then to 29 dreams motorcycle resort (30 minutes away) for lunch and then on to Mt. Cheaha (right near the Georgia/Alabama line) that afternoon. We was going to do it this month but rain one weekend, cold weather the next and now the AMA races this coming weekend then Nascar the next,,,,, we just decided to put the ride off until next month (May) Don't know what day yet but as soon as I do, I'll post it up. Sled you aren't that far away, you should come if you can.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey guys, This weekend is the weekend to go! The museum is awesome and there is suberbike racing to be seen! I will be there but will be in a cage so a buddy of mine can go!
You really owe it to yourself to see the museum this weekend and watch atleast part of the race from the big windows!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Thanks for the input :bigthumbsup: although since I'm only 45 minutes away, I know all about AMA being there this weekend. I went 2 years ago, was in the process of planning a weekend camping trip there last year and a crash the Tuesday morning prior to the weekend solved that for me, then this year, poor planning on my part is keeping me from going. I agree with you though, it's the weekend to be there, AWESOME fun.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts