M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for those of you who have rolled their bars up i love the mod. my issue is when i turn the bars fully to the right, my throttle sticks. i have ground the nubs off the controls to put everything back to normal. the only thing i can figure out is maybe longer cables. is anybody having this issue also? have you re-routed the cables or done anything else to get around this issue?

G

·
Sounds like the cable is too tight. Lower the bars a little. I went the opposite way and dropped my bars as far as they would go without the controls hitting the tank at full lock. I love it. It does make you hunch over a little more than stock though.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
toneout said:
Sounds like the cable is too tight. Lower the bars a little. I went the opposite way and dropped my bars as far as they would go without the controls hitting the tank at full lock. I love it. It does make you hunch over a little more than stock though.
That'll also give you problems if you ever switch out to the stainless brake lines, as you will then have two hoses mounted to the bar as opposed to just one stock.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I had a similar issue. Make sure your cables aren't tied to the bar as mentioned above. My throttle cables where zip tied to a bunch of wiring just below my tach as well. I cut that loose and now my throttle cable doesn't bind against my risers during left hand turns either.

G

·
I have a bar issue.....the bar at the corner charges way too much for beer.

I'm trying to get a map from Singular Wireless, cause they advertize....."more bars in more places".

Oh...........................handle bars?

My bad

·
Registered
330 Posts
JRs DAD said:
I have a bar issue.....the bar at the corner charges way too much for beer.

I'm trying to get a map from Singular Wireless, cause they advertize....."more bars in more places".

Oh...........................handle bars?

My bad
lol now thats funny.......

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well figured it out. had to run the cables under the brake line at the resivor instead of over. gave me just enough. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts