M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
from what I've been reading, you regulars are probably tired of cobra dragster posts, and in summary the most likely mod to get the dragster look without breaking windows in the street as you pull outa the drive has got to be Lamont's washer trick.
Thing is, has anyone tried wrapping the baffles with muffler bandage? would that work good?
I have not yet seen anyone mention the dragsters with the baffles bandaged. It works on all other types of packable mufflers, so why not the dragsters?
I have a sound bite of the dragsters, but is there a sound clip of the modded dragsters to see what sort of diff the washer mod makes?
Living in oz, I'd hate to pony up the time and money for a set of pipes that are still too load for me or my luverly neighbours.
I've removed the baffle on my std pipes ( the WHOLE back end out, not just drilled around the rim) and have one baffle left in the pipe up front, but i reckon its a little to loud now.
So I guess I'm after the dragster look, and sound, but NOT so load I get headaches.
Has anyone got a sound file of the modded dragsters, or bandaged dragsters? I'd love to hear them to help make up my mind.

Would dragsters with the bandage work and give me the look without the cracked windows?
Might have to email the cobra team and see what they say.
Thanks in advance for once more discussing cobra pipes.
HotWasabi :doorag:

ps. just got my black 109, here in Perth Australia. cost me 20 large. ALMOST got Harley street bob, but saw a 109 in a mag just in time. Fell in love and here I am.
Saved $7,500 by NOT getting the bob, and I have the COOLEST bike in town. What a deal ! :bigthumbsup:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Lamonster,

Does the washer thingo tone it down without making it sound sucky or wheezy ? :)

Hotwasabi

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
hotwasabi said:
Hi Lamonster,

Does the washer thingo tone it down without making it sound sucky or wheezy ? :)

Hotwasabi
I think it sounded great. It's cheap and easy to do and if you don't like it just throw it away and try your mod. :doorag:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Being in oz, getting parts for a 109 is tough work. :confused:
I've heard all sorts of things on this forum regarding huge dalays and backlogs with the supply of dragsters.
The shorty-duel look is hot, so after reading your thoughts, I figured I'll get some on the strength of your recomendations.
Any idea where I can get them fairly soon?
Cheers,
Hotwasabi

:doorag:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts