M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Metzlers are the best IMHO....especially if you ride the twisties aggressively.
:agree: metzlers more than get the job done. If you're rolling on a budget, the E-III dunlop is the next best choice. you can get the E-3 for roughly 100 dollars less than the metz and unless you ride really hard you will get more miles out of the dunlop. I ride pretty hard at times and my mileage has been about the same for either tire but I have alot more confidence in the metzler.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
:agree: metzlers more than get the job done. If you're rolling on a budget, the E-III dunlop is the next best choice. you can get the E-3 for roughly 100 dollars less than the metz and unless you ride really hard you will get more miles out of the dunlop. I ride pretty hard at times and my mileage has been about the same for either tire but I have alot more confidence in the metzler.:bigthumbsup:
X3 for me on Metz

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Dunlop Elite 3's are a great tire for the $$$. Harder compound than the Metzler, still pretty grippy. I've got just over 10,000 miles on mine, probably get another 5,000 before I need to replace them. 250 out back, 130 up front. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I have Metzelers,160 front and 260 at the back. Awesome combo, rides and looks awesome! If you are getting a new front tire, do yourself a big favor and get a 160.

·
Radio Active Member
27,696 Posts
As stated, it all depends on how you ride the bike. Any tire that is round and has tread is better then a bald tire. :D

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,078 Posts
As stated, it all depends on how you ride the bike. Any tire that is round and has tread is better then a bald tire. :D
And just about anything is better than the stock tires. :bigthumbsup:

I'm on my second set of Dunlop E3's, 250 rear and 130 front. I got somewhere around 11,000 miles on the first rear and close to 13,000 on the front. Much better than the 5200 miles I got out of the stock tires.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
still got a bald ass tire

I ride pretty hard i didnt even get 6000 miles out of my rear tire. so i appreciate the input and ill let u know what i go with. thanks

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
welcome from milwaukee wis.

Time for new rubber.Replace that front tire with the Metz.160 you won't regret it.Best mod i have done.:hot:

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Metz all the way :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
927 Posts
already at end of life on elite 3 about 11k miles on it. Now thinking about trying the Avon cobra 260?...heard that is a pretty good tire also...Good tire a little cheaper than Metz but better grip than elite 3...not sure about miles on those though.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
already at end of life on elite 3 about 11k miles on it. Now thinking about trying the Avon cobra 260?...heard that is a pretty good tire also...Good tire a little cheaper than Metz but better grip than elite 3...not sure about miles on those though.
I'm running the 250 Avon now. I can say that I"m not disappointed at all. Very sticky, great smooth profile, and a few $$$ less than the Metzelers. I love the Metzelers, so I"m not knocking them at all. I just figured I'd try them all for myself. The Dunlop didn't impress me at all. I only got another 1000 miles out of it versus the Metzeler, and I couldn't ride as aggresively as I usually do. Supposedly, the Avon Cobra is a dual compound tire, allowing more highway miles without wearing down the middle of the tire. We'll see.

-Josh

·
Radio Active Member
27,696 Posts
I ride pretty hard i didnt even get 6000 miles out of my rear tire. so i appreciate the input and ill let u know what i go with. thanks
Hard as in you are on it hard all of the time and travel mainly straight or the you carve up the twisties hard? Have you been on top of your air pressure? You need to talk these factors into account when getting a tire. Like is $$ an object? The Metzlers are great gripping tires but they do not last as long as the E3's.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts