M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got my bags on.......I know my bike is dirty....they do come with reflecters but the come right off
I know some one wanted a rear view so heres another

·
Registered
214 Posts
Looks Awsome :bigthumbsup:

G

·
WOW!! Thats the first Genuine Suzuki Accessory part I've seen on a 109 so far!! How do those mount?? Quick release??

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hellrazr72 said:
WOW!! Thats the first Genuine Suzuki Accessory part I've seen on a 109 so far!! How do those mount?? Quick release??
no there a pain in the a$$.......the bags came with hex bolts....and the brackets came with a longer allen head like whats on there....I used the bracket bolts.......they pack a six pack well :p

G

·
I did get the backrest, mount, rear rack and engine guards about a week ago. They all mounted easily. Took me a day or two to get used to the look, but it has grown on me. The parts are all quality, if a little expensive.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congo said:
I did get the backrest, mount, rear rack and engine guards about a week ago. They all mounted easily. Took me a day or two to get used to the look, but it has grown on me. The parts are all quality, if a little expensive.
do the gaurds look like they could withstand a "godforbid" a spill?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Congo said:
I did get the backrest, mount, rear rack and engine guards about a week ago. They all mounted easily. Took me a day or two to get used to the look, but it has grown on me. The parts are all quality, if a little expensive.
[/quote

Can you give me the measurements for the backrest mount. I need to know the height of the mounting holes for the sissy bar, diameter of holes and spacing(center to center) I want to get a different sissy bar and use the Suzuki mounts. Thanks for any help you can offer.

·
Registered
568 Posts
You do not have to use the spacers that the directions say to use. I just used the shortest spacers on the back bolts so the bags would not have to much of an angle towards the rear. Another one on here did not use any spacers. The only thing you might have to do is put a small notch in the plastic backing of the bags so the original directional lights (if used) won't rub. :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
443 Posts
Sorry guys, but those bags are butt ugly! I love having bags on my bikes (and do) , but they don't work on the 109. Just my feeling. I think a tail pack works better. Maybe not as much capacity, but better lines. :dontknow:

·
Registered
387 Posts
Hi, Spoke to the dealer today. The bags are still on backorder, 200 sets were to be sent but only 12 were actually made. What gives????? They say Vendor problems.....I will still wait as I wanted genuine Suzuki Boulavard Bags but I will look at them when they arrive. I have to see them in person. So far I am not sure I like them. JOHN

·
Registered
237 Posts
Congo said:
Man!...still waiting on my install kit for the bacrest. Which bacrest did you get? Can you post pics?

·
Registered
844 Posts
I have a set of these bags on their way from the site that was posted here that offered a 10% discount.

I agree, I don't like the looks of the bags themselves (at least as seen in these pictures). It's not so much how they mount, just the way they look.

If anybody's looking for a pair, I believe I will sell them for what I paid for them.

G

·
I'll get some pics tomorrow, sorry I've been offline for a few days. I originally ordered the large backrest, but It had studs around the outside and didn't match the lines of the bike so I took the smaller movable pad. Glad I did, matches the bike better. The dealer said it just came out for the 109. The guards seem strong enough and are mounted well, but they don't extend far enough out to protect anything much. Mostly cosmetic. I was hoping to put highway pegs on them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts