M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys what a fricken difference. Before anyone says anything i will be posting pictures and video tomorrow its past ten now and i'm quite sure my nieghbors would be pissed at me if i did it tonight. Any way i kept the stock air intake, took the filter out, stretched out a K&N filter so that the mesh wire was flat and laid the stock filter unit on top of it, took a pair of tin snips and cut the new filter to match the old outline and screwed it back together. Already had the SET valve open from a week ago that alone made a difference.
So next is the exhaust, this was a real pain, took a 2 and 7/8 whole saw and cut around the center pipe, thats the easy part.. Next you have to get creative, I should have used a second blade to cut tight around the liitle pipe coming out of the exhaust but they did not have the right size at the store. You really need to get a screw driver or hack saw in to cut the flang yep not a typical weldits connected with a wierd flange so don't think you can wiggle it out.
I'm not able to make it to the dyno till next thursday, but i can tell you this its definetly making more power all over and the best part is my FI light still has not come on.
It sounds sick, to loud for some i'm sure. i really like the way the stock exhaust looks so this is perfect for me. It seems a lot smoother now when you let of the gas and yes it makes that jake brake sound when your down shifting and when your shifting through the gears.
remember pics and video to come.

·
Registered
230 Posts
:bigthumbsup: Thanks for the update. I am interested to see and hear it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FRITZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you a complete idiot or do you just play one on here. what do you think happens when you add a K&N filter and a new exhaust to any bike. Answer it sucks in more air and lets out more air, was that simple enough for you to undastnd. What would be the difference of adding drag pipe or cobra pipes or V&H pipes. By the way I've been riding for 16 years this year and grew up with mechanics in my family and have never taken one of my bikes back to any dealer to have work done. I've also never had a motor detonate on me.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Fritz said:
 Hay.I don't done diiddy tink ya ought'n bees a done messin round like dat.
 My Reason is simple.If I listened to only a handfull of knucklehead,young dweebs on the
merit of takin out the baffles,and WoWÂ That in and of itself wood be enuf to
exascerbate a real future shock.I never knew a Punkster who bragged about takin the baffles
out who had a Bike,that wasn't EITHER inoperable or ran like Sh!t,eventually.
 Don''t Tinker and try to outsmart what engineers have toiled to make Great.
  What if the original airbox and exhaust.open up over time and do you right.
   If yer wrong,and only time will tell,you've possibly ruined a Good Engine and
   it's compression/air ratio.

Our public schools at work. You teacha shood be shots fo dat edjumicashun yu gots.
www.hellrisercustoms.com/oychoppa
Â

·
Registered
346 Posts
BGNICK,

Don't mind Fritz he just likes to be heard here in cyberspace because in real life he probably doesn't get much attention. However what he said regarding detonation is true. I also drilled out my pipes and added K&N's to the air intakes, but removed the stock air boxes. I did a similar mod to the stock boxes, and stretching them out was a good idea. One important theing you must do is install a FI, or fuel injection computer to compensate for the richer fule mixture you are now enjoying. I purchased the Cobra Fi2000, and if you think the power difference is good now, wait until you get the fuel mixture down.
www.hondadirectlineusa.com for the Fi2000, and they have a M109R store as well. Here is a pic of my bike with the K&N's plugged into the air intakes. Keep being a rebel and F#*@ what everyone else says.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
pizzmor,
thanks for the link i've been waiting to get a fi management system to make sure the one i choose will be good. i'm going to dyno my bike before the fi2000 and after to see the difference and to report it to everyone here.
I do know about detonation, and i always planned on remapping the fi system, though i did not clarify,
Did you have your FI light come on before or after your mods, mine has still not come on.

·
Registered
346 Posts
No I have not had any FI light issues, but I can tell you that some of the guys that have removed or disconnected the SET valve had reported the FI light staying lit. Godd luck at the dyno.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts