M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:read: After reading all the posts by everyone who has done the exhaust mod, I'm excited and want to do the mod also but I'm a little confused. I did do a search on this topic but that only confused me more. ::)

I don't think I would like the look of the 8 holes drilled into the endcaps. So should I drill out the three baffles in each pipe, or use the hole saw and just remove the baffle all together? Whats the sound difference between the two? If I do the hole say method and remove the baffle like in the video, is that all I need to do? There is one topic on here with nice pics and it shows a wall still inside after the baffle has been removed, that stays right?

I want a deeper sound but I want to do it right. Thanks for any help you can give me :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
106 Posts
mental,

1. how often are you looking up your pipe?
2. if done right (put high heat black paint over holes) it actually looks stock
3. the more holes (baffles out and holes drilled) the better it sounds

I've done it just like everybody else and I don't regret it. Sounds awesome and beats dropping $600 or more on pipes that don't look right.

Cheers,

·
Registered
267 Posts
I drilled the end caps off and removed the first baffle. I think taking the end cap off make a difference, kinda turns the muffler into a megaphone. Don't know if there's a power difference between the two mods, but it sounds deep and sweet.

·
Registered
162 Posts
could someone point me in the right direction in removing the baffle than drilling holes in the end plate its too quite thanks

·
Registered
108 Posts
Just search under 'baffle'.

There's a wealth of information on it here.

OZcruizer

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
The 8 holes can easily be covered by high temp black paint, or if you just ride a few miles, the carbon will build up and blacken the holes anyway. If you take the time and space the holes evenly, it will look stock. The only time it's visible is when someone is riding behind you... and then, only if they are staring at your pipes. I have to point mine out for people to notice it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts