M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Over this past weekend there were 2 individuals that were taken out by some cagers.

The first a very good friend of mine just picked up his 07 electric glide on Friday and just got out of the hospital on Wednesday after getting t-boned by a drunk driver on sunday. He is OK just banged up alittle. More worried about getting a new bike.

The second is a co workers son. As far as we are able to piece together so far he was cut off by a cager forcing him into oncoming traffic and it doesn't look like he is going to make it.

Not sure why i am really posting this as this happens everyday, but just wanted to say please be careful

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Wow, sorry man.

By the way I haven't heard that term cagers before? Do you mind elaborating.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Mack400 said:
Cagers are cars, vehicles.  JOHN
Moreso, the people riding around in cars... The car acts like a cage.. that's where the term cager comes from. One who rides in a cage.

·
Registered
414 Posts
biker-chicky said:
Wow, sorry man.

By the way I haven't heard that term cagers before? Do you mind elaborating.
I like Biker-chicky...I like people who ask questions about things they don't know...You're OK in my Book...Keep asking...

·
Registered
101 Posts
That sucks. They should make a law for the "I didn't see you BS"or the multiple excuses given by cagers. If cagers are held more legally accountable for their screw-ups with bikes, I believe we won't have the volume of accidents caused by the blind (cagers). Just my opinion!

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Sorry to hear that man!

As far as the "I didn't see him" excuse, some judges immediately pop the person with the max fine/penalty when they here that. It happened to the old woman who ran a stop sign in front of my bike in Springfield, MO. She tried that excuse and the judge came unglued. I assume that he was a rider since I've never seen a judge stand up and get in someone's face before (or since).
End result, she lost her license, heavy fine, pretty much automatic win for me in civil court.
Honestly, that wreck was one of the best things that ever happened to me.
I slowed WAY down, got a college education and re-evaluated some things.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Drunk cagers :verymad: Had my run in with one in 1984 with brand new 1000 Honda intercepter...welded my bike to the front end of his car so hard it didn't even fall over...thank god for good riding gear as I walked away without so much as a scratch,( flew over car and 100' down the road)..so sad to hear the news in Detroit.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just an update on the outcome of both riders,

My coworkers son did not make it. His funeral is today.

My buddy is ok and up on his feet again. a couple cracked ribs, some internal bleeding from the kidneys but otherwise doing great. His new Harley is on order.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts