M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if tires are covered under factory warranty.My rear tire blew out going 70 in the hammer lane today. My air pressure was 42 and I have 1800 miles on it. The tire had a hole the size of a pea in about the center of the tread.

·
Registered
181 Posts
silverbird said:
Does anybody know if tires are covered under factory warranty.My rear tire blew out going 70 in the hammer lane today. My air pressure was 42 and I have 1800 miles on it. The tire had a hole the size of a pea in about the center of the tread.
Nope. That's why I purchased the wheel and tire protection plan from my dealership. Don't know if you were offered this when you purchased your bike, but might be something to look into.

·
Registered
898 Posts
I would have ass-u-me-d the tire manufacturer would be the person to warranty the tires...

khrome

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the tires r prob cover for defect only im guessing you prob ran something over to cause to p size hole in the tire if you bought the tire and wheel pkg it will be covered hope this helps and just be glad you didnt go down the tire at my dealer runs about 220.00 installed

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Contact the dealer...they should have a number for you to call...you may have to take the tire to the dealer or service center and have it inspected...
depending on the tires warranty and miles you have on the bike and physical wear you should be fine.

But if the tires look like they have been abused...burnouts...racing , ect....forget it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts