·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
#1 leaking oil....dealer fixed problem

#2 Leaking other substance the dealer identified as Cosmoline

#3 Speedo issues...still unresolved

#4 Leaking coolant.....dealer supposedly fixed, said it was a loose hose

#5 still leaking coolant.....dealer took it back in for over a week and called to say it was a cracked head only to call back literally 20 secs. later to say they were wrong, it was a loose hose again.

#6 Picked it up to only have it leak coolant AGAIN and had them pick it up to find out that it is indeed the head.

Dealer says that before they can work on it they need authorization from Suzuki.  It is quite possible that I wont be riding this bike again till August.  Talked to Meghan at Suzuki and they said that after the holiday they will talk to dealer AGAIN and try to rectify the situation.  I said that I did not want a rebuilt bike as I had not bought a rebuilt bike and this only has 400 miles on it.

Was told by the dealer and Suzuki that they will try to fix this and that is all they can do.  Meanwhile, I am paying for a bike that I cannot ride and Nobody wants to really get off their butt and do anything.

This aggrivates me the heck out of me because I love the bike but now am tied to a lemon that is stuck in the shop.  And I have already sold my other bike so I can't ride at all.

I am VERY disappointed in the dealer AND Suzuki with this whole thing.

ANd to top it off, when I bought the bike the dealer registered me for the Jacket and told me I would get it even though I bought the bike on June 7th.  When I talked to Meghan at Suzuki, she told me I would not be getting the jacket.

Severly Disgusted in Virginia!
Blinker109

·
Registered
19 Posts
he wishes it was a hose only. but now he has a crack head to deal with. Suzuki and the dealer should have a better plan for handleing these situations. they seem to forget that they are dealing with peoples hard earn money. also that their customers put their trust in them.

G

·
Agree with JR.I'm having similar issues with mine.,and the stealer..they Suck!!!period...I purchased a tire raod hazzard warranty and recieved a nice screw in the back tire last week....Now I was told at the time of purchasing the warranty,,"its a nationwide warranty,,ya get a flat or nail or damage the tire ,,bring it back to us and we'll put a newbie on it free or charge ,,no money out of your pocket"..WRONG....called the waranty to pre-authorize the repair ,only to find it had to come out of my pocket FIRST!and then get remenburst by the warranty ,,pending aprroval of my claim....Bu**Sh**...Yes,,I should have gotten the magnifing glass out and read the fine print...now still no new tire,,on backorder,,have to wait 3 to 4 weeks for it..then pay the 562.00 for the tire and labor..and hope they send me the money back......NOT!...I'm gonna call wednsday and cancel my warrany !!send me my money back!! and order the 260..and do it myself...I wont let the stealer even look at my bike now..they Suck!!oh already said that,,sorry for the vent... ::)

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
b said:
#1 leaking oil....dealer fixed problem

#2 Leaking other substance the dealer identified as Cosmoline

#3 Speedo issues...still unresolved

#4 Leaking coolant.....dealer supposedly fixed, said it was a loose hose

#5 still leaking coolant.....dealer took it back in for over a week and called to say it was a cracked head only to call back literally 20 secs. later to say they were wrong, it was a loose hose again.

#6 Picked it up to only have it leak coolant AGAIN and had them pick it up to find out that it is indeed the head.

Dealer says that before they can work on it they need authorization from Suzuki. It is quite possible that I wont be riding this bike again till August. Talked to Meghan at Suzuki and they said that after the holiday they will talk to dealer AGAIN and try to rectify the situation. I said that I did not want a rebuilt bike as I had not bought a rebuilt bike and this only has 400 miles on it.

Was told by the dealer and Suzuki that they will try to fix this and that is all they can do. Meanwhile, I am paying for a bike that I cannot ride and Nobody wants to really get off their butt and do anything.

This aggrivates me the heck out of me because I love the bike but now am tied to a lemon that is stuck in the shop. And I have already sold my other bike so I can't ride at all.

I am VERY disappointed in the dealer AND Suzuki with this whole thing.

ANd to top it off, when I bought the bike the dealer registered me for the Jacket and told me I would get it even though I bought the bike on June 7th. When I talked to Meghan at Suzuki, she told me I would not be getting the jacket.

Severly Disgusted in Virginia!
Blinker109
I hope itisn't a cracked head , Suzuki may try and say its the owners fault. Saying owner ran the bike overheated. I wish you luck but the most important thing to do is not
back down from Suzuki or dealer...keep hounding them daily, they will finally give in and fix it. Again Good Luck and sorry about the problems..Kawi had some serious issues with cams on the ZZR1200 those owners just stayed on their case and got them fix.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the advise on the jacket and I'll probably try that but it is the least of my worries. If They said we can fix the bike now but you wont get the jacket, I would be happy. Have already made report to the BBB and plan to contact others that may pursuade the dealer to do something. Two can play this game.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
i'm a little suspicious on the cracked head. get in there and see for yourself. this bike is known for a little coolant leak at the clamp. if indeed you took it in once for a leak, id be suspicious of them not refilling the coolant, therefore leading to a cracked head. id get my bike out of there, and try a more repuatble dealer if i couldnt cheaply fix it myself. good luck.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
You do not have a "Lemon Law" issue...not for a fluid leak, that can be obviously fixed...wether it be a head or a hose.... a leak can be fixed
you just need to get your dealer off thier bumms.

I work for BMW...one of our advisors has an $86,000 645 Bimmer and has been in the shop 28 times in 2 years...and BMW just bought it back recently.
He had 90% electrical , electronic programing issues.

As for your jacket...it was a factory promotion...some dealers informed thier customers of the special...When I purchased my bike back in April
they never heard of the jacket offer....the dealer can serve that up as an mistake...and say "sorry"...whilst it be commendable if they gave you one...but I doubt it...400.00 is alot.

G

·
J R said:
I had the EXACT same thing with the coolent leak.Do yourself a favor and go get the bike and fix it yourself. I had mine at the dealer and went thru this same bunch of garbage.Bottom line the hose is a pain to get to you have to pull the tanks and airbox so the tec,s either don't wanna do it or halfass get to the screw they can get to.Theres been many people on here with the same problem the hose is loose from the factory.I guess they had some weak person tighting hoses one day or something ::) But just pick the bike up and bring it home and tighten both ends of the hose real tight that goes from one head to the other and then no more leak :bigthumbsup: Leave it at the dealer and you'll here the cap is bad this that and everything under the sun.I found my dealer that had told me they tightened the hose i told them about had not even touched it ::) The tec charged Suzuki for all the labor but didn't do the work.The airbox is a little bit of a pain to get it back in place and the boots on the throttle body's so i guess they just stay away from work they don't like at Suzuki dealerships. I have NEVER had as bad of experience with anyone as Suzuki and there dealerships..................Fix it your self and consider the warranty as good for nothing unless its something real easy.I even told these morons there what was wrong with the bike and they where still to stupid to fix it as was Suzuki giving them advice....ya cant fix stupid...............JR
Well, Jr....I took your advice...and fixed it my Da** self.....after the stealer supposedly fixed this,...and your right ,, the clamps where a Be-aatch to get to....I losened them up and rotated them to get a better view... :D but its finally fixed,,,by me!!

If You Want It Done Right !,,You Must Do It Yourself!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
When I buy mine I'm gonna just expect to do this stuff my own self. I wouldn't want them messing with it anyhow. It's just the way it is man. Fortunately for me I kind of enjoy working on stuff, but I hope like heck to do alot more riding than any thing else. I am grateful for this message board. You guys are all great. Do you realize the value of the help that was received here. A misdiagnosis by a "professional, don't you try this at home" has almost robbed a guy of a great summer.

You guys rock!::)

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well here is todays saga.....

Bike was almost completely torn down and the leak is supposedly not from a cracked head but from a faulty base gasket. This is per the Service tech from suzuki the came into town today just to look at this. Parts have to be ordered and and then 10-12 hours to put back together. They showed me where the leak was and it looks like a gasket to me, but I am no expert.

I just want the thing fixed so I can ride it. I am gonna break it to the dealership that if they want any of my future business that I need my 600 check up free of charge and that there are a few items that I need on the bike (again free of charge)

Crossing my fingers that this fixes it......

Blinker 109

G

·
Yep,,good luck with it.....Sorry to hear your the first to have the engine apart....I think?I know where Mine puddled between the jugs...It appeared to be leaking at the base of the jug, back jug....But further check out reveived it was just the clamp...Thank god...and I did freak out just for a split second before I realized it was the clamp. :eek: Laters

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Don't worry about the free crap...just get it fixed !....dealer is under no obligation to give free services when all they have to do is the warranty work.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Jr,

Thanks for steering this fellow straight ans encouraging him to fix it his self. As you know it was not cracked head but a loose clamp!!!!!! :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

Chuck

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Chuck said:
Jr,

Thanks for steering this fellow straight ans encouraging him to fix it his self. As you know it was not cracked head but a loose clamp!!!!!! :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

Chuck
he said it was a gasket later in the thread.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The bike has been fixed!

Suzuki brought in their service tech and the end result is that they were unsure if it was actually just the base gasket leaking or if the cylinder was a bad cast and that it was causing the leak. Rear cylinder was replaced, not just fixed, and now the bike runs great. No leaks, no smoke, no overheating. Only problem now is that I have to break in the new cylinder and have another service done on the bike. BUT AT LEAST I AM RIDING IT NOW.

Also, just put the JSD on and plan to put the new turn signals and plate mount on soon.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Fix yourself ass, After all that trouble, He should be saying!!!! I WANT THE BIKE REPLACED NOW, or there will be trouble :verymad: hELL if not mistaken he has 400 miles on it. Look I worked for a several dealeships, granted now a bike dealeship but a dealeship anyway. You tell them replace the bike or else. Period. There is no excuse for that at all. There is a lemon law i am sure! Not to mention a good ass kicken. Whew :cus: that crap pisses me off seen this stuff before. Get stern with them and request a SUZUKI rep to be present. They send around reps to all dealerships. Quality assurance is very important to them. Stay with them fight for the bike. Hell I am ready to do it my self. Who wants to join me? :eek: by the way were you at?

·
Registered
140 Posts
itsgud2bking said:
Fix yourself ass, After all that trouble, He should be saying!!!! I WANT THE BIKE REPLACED NOW, or there will be trouble :verymad: hELL if not mistaken he has 400 miles on it. Look I worked for a several dealeships, granted now a bike dealeship but a dealeship anyway. You tell them replace the bike or else. Period. There is no excuse for that at all. There is a lemon law i am sure! Not to mention a good ass kicken. Whew :cus: that crap pisses me off seen this stuff before. Get stern with them and request a SUZUKI rep to be present. They send around reps to all dealerships. Quality assurance is very important to them. Stay with them fight for the bike. Hell I am ready to do it my self. Who wants to join me? :eek: by the way were you at?
I agree go for a new bike. If they won't do it you should at least get some free service, a helmet, a jacket or something. Don't let the stealer push you around

1 - 20 of 21 Posts