M109 Rider Forums banner

Have you had problem with your Clutch?

• It is smoked. Been replaced or is being replaced

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I smoked it racing or doing burn outs.

• It is Quirky. Different than my last bike!

• It is like my other Big Vtwins

• What Clutch problem?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
I subscribe to the TAZ method of riding.  (ride it like I stole it)  No problems yet.  I did have to make a minor adjustment after some rolling burnouts but that is about it.  The harder I ride it the better it shifts.  (stereotypical Suzuki) I think I may have a defective tire though. It smokes real bad when I accelerate hard. I may have to right Suzuki on that one. Anyone else having this issue?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jay109 said:
After the hissy fit you through the other day, Taz I can't believe YOU are still talking about this. ;)
I just want to get the facts on the issue.

I have been portrayed as not understanding on the issue or bulling someone on the issue. My problems was not the issue it was the six posts and the same batter going on and on from the same people.

The oil poll start very twisted on the overfilled side and has overtime gone the other way totally. So, if the powers to be on this bike look at this site for market evaluation, valid information is better than batter.

We have 1800 members here and a poll should collect the facts.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I can't vote :( theres no "happy with clutch" option, it took 3000+ mi of abuse from me and I'm no light weight :p ............................

but, while I'm here can someone point me to the deceased equine so I can take a few wacks at it too :p :duck:

·
Registered
326 Posts
Quirky, Different then my last bike but that was a 600cc Sport Bike so go figure. I will say that I have found pulling the end of the clutch handle (out by the ball) gives a much better shift then pulling the middle of the handle. I'm sure this is an adjustment somewhere but I just haven't gotten around to it.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Mine clunks sometimes going into 1st and nearly everytime into 2nd, but that is about the extent of it.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Feels fine to me. I can be pretty hard on a clutch and this one is doing good. It is fun having that clutch get abusive to the that big fat back tire though! :bigthumbsup: :a18:

·
Registered
243 Posts
Quirky... From first to second, I definitely have to pull up hard on the gear shift, if I run 7k on the rpm in first and then pull the clutch in..

Low RPM in first, and shift to second, few times I have had the gear hold in neutral after shifting into second. Nerve racking in a corner turning at a light... let out the clutch and give it gas, nothing there... almost dumped the bike...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bonehead said:
I can't vote :( theres no "happy with clutch" option, it took 3000+ mi of abuse from me and I'm no light weight :p ............................

but, while I'm here can someone point me to the deceased equine so I can take a few wacks at it too :p :duck:
That would be the "What Clutch"

·
Registered
88 Posts
Taz, my clutch problem begins when I rev over 2500 rpm and release the clutch lever , the tire keeps spinning so I'm thinking the clutches have to be spinning ... and we all know this shouldnt happen on a cruiser any input on how I should approach the dealer about this problem would be very helpful. :joke:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
JMAC said:
Taz, my clutch problem begins when I rev over 2500 rpm and release the clutch lever , the tire keeps spinning so I'm thinking the clutches have to be spinning ... and we all know this shouldnt happen on a cruiser any input on how I should approach the dealer about this problem would be very helpful. :joke:
Do what one of the other guys did here take it in to the dealer, get the service writer and tell him you are having a clutch or tire problem you are not sure, bring him out to the bike to show him.

Burn the tire off the bike and then have them put the Metz 260 on it. Be sure to get video and the rest of the shop out there to watch.

Not that is how you resolve a slipping tire problem! :evil: :evil: :evil: :joke: :joke: :joke: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
317 Posts
ppridgen1 said:
ditto no probs ,but what the hell ,if i get a freebee because of you other guy smokin yours ,I'm all for it , If it's getting recalled I'll run the piss outta it.................................oh wait, I have been doing that and can't seem to make it die ,.............sorry ,I'll try harder . I feel like suck a failure , not burning mine up before ya'll did, Ive had my bike longer than almost any of you!
its ok, keep trying, i know you can do it.

·
Registered
974 Posts
<-- Voting for "what clutch" HOWEVER there is a problem i sat for 10 damn minutes at a stop sign with 2 full lines of traffic going both directions Now the problem is i had a million things on my mind so i forgot Neutral and a brake.

Conclusion the clutch makes your damn hand cramp when you hold it in for 10 minutes in blistering 95 degree weather. 8)

·
Registered
514 Posts
t0rch75 said:
I subscribe to the TAZ method of riding. (ride it like I stole it) No problems yet. I did have to make a minor adjustment after some rolling burnouts but that is about it. The harder I ride it the better it shifts. (stereotypical Suzuki) I think I may have a defective tire though. It smokes real bad when I accelerate hard. I may have to right Suzuki on that one. Anyone else having this issue?
I know why that tire smokes....... :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts