M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my 109 from the dealer I work at and noticed the chrome on the pipes was rough enough to snag small fibers from the polishing cloth. Looked at the other 2 on the floor and they are the same way...anyone else?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Mine were bad under the heat shields. If the heat shields were installed properly I would not have noticed. My dealer called Suzuki and they're supposed to replace the pipes.

Carl

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
I thought I had a problem also.
Was on the underside?? O got all the way down on the fllor to see...
Only to find out its actually some parts/manufacturing info stamped on there...

·
Registered
422 Posts
I got that too
Dealer said if their demo bike is better when they get it they'll swap the pipes over for me as Suzuki told them it's a cosmetic thing and they won't cover it

G

·
The chrome on my top pipe has cracked and started to peel away in places. Suzuki definately needs to do better quality work on their bikes or they are going to lose their customer base to other manufacturers.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Mine definitely snags the microfiber cloth. I though I was being picky, but it looks like I'm not alone. Aftermarket pipes a must!

·
Registered
441 Posts
I have the same problem small rough spots that grab the cloth. Thinking mine was the only one.As time is going by starting to find alot of things about this bike . just hope they are all small problems I do Love to ride this bike.

·
Registered
817 Posts
sledzep01 said:
I thought I had a problem also.
Was on the underside?? O got all the way down on the fllor to see...
Only to find out its actually some parts/manufacturing info stamped on there...
Same here. It snags on the bottom, but that's because of the stamped lettering. That's not really a bad chrome issue.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Mine are nice and smooth....I took never dull to them and gently polished them...wew are they bright , they do catch with the lettering underneath however.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Had my bike out in the sun and my pipes have what looks like fine pitting or overspray all over them.The sun needs to be directly on the pipes,reflecting on the chrome.In the shade you can't see it at all.Sure hope suzuki will fix it because i love this bike.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Suzuki wants me to take a picture to show them the problem,just can't figure a way to do it. Its like taking a picture of the sun in a mirror.very frustrating...

·
Registered
131 Posts
That chrome issue on the pipes had been the reason I did not buy a Rocket III, because those are known for bad chrome jobs and rust on the pipes just 2 weeks after purchase. That is why the pipes were the first thing I looked for.
On my bike there is no chrome problem until now. Smooth and shiny.

A picture of the tubes? There you go:

·
Registered
360 Posts
I have a paint flaw on my tank . it looks like they painted over a bug or a piece of trash .

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I pointed out some things about the 109 that " I thought" was sub par..I was called a troll.
I agree Suzuki quality of finish isn't that great, isn't just the 109.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Really fellas is this your first machine on planet earth, this is what we get here,it's not a $100,000 cycle OK? I mean for what we paid we got a great bike. My opinion Dave,

1 - 20 of 28 Posts