M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a backrest(sissybar) for my bike. What are you guys using? I have seen some how to's making one work but really don't want to chop up my seat. I don't really have the money for the corbin am seat with it built in either. According to the dealer the oem one is on back order for at least another month and they want about 400 for the backrest and the adapter. for that i might consider the corbin. I saw the cobra one on direct line but it looks to not be in stock till next month either. So what are you guys using?
Let me know. Post some pics if you have some.
Thanks

·
Registered
721 Posts
chevyguy_72 said:
I am looking for a backrest(sissybar) for my bike. What are you guys using? I have seen some how to's making one work but really don't want to chop up my seat. I don't really have the money for the corbin am seat with it built in either. According to the dealer the oem one is on back order for at least another month and they want about 400 for the backrest and the adapter. for that i might consider the corbin. I saw the cobra one on direct line but it looks to not be in stock till next month either. So what are you guys using?
Let me know. Post some pics if you have some.
Thanks
If you often ride with the solo setup you will not want whats offered by Suzuki or Cobra as both bolt to the frame and will not be a quick change.

For now, it's Corbin or Custom mod to your passenger seat... this way when the seat goes away, so does the backrest.

Can you imagine the looks you would get with a backrest but no back seat??!!!! LOL !!! What was Suzuki thinking??!!!! :eek:

There is a custom bike shop near me, found it last week and am trying to get a price from them on modding my back seat....

I too do not trust myself enough to go cutting on my wifes chair :yikes:

EDIT !!!!!!
This is the one !!
I am now officialy............ "VERY ACTIVE" :super: :super: :super: :super:

WEEEE HAAAAA !!!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pr0wl3r-X said:
If you often ride with the solo setup you will not want whats offered by Suzuki or Cobra as both bolt to the frame and will not be a quick change.

For now, it's Corbin or Custom mod to your passenger seat... this way when the seat goes away, so does the backrest.

Can you imagine the looks you would get with a backrest but no back seat??!!!! LOL !!! What was Suzuki thinking??!!!! :eek:

There is a custom bike shop near me, found it last week and am trying to get a price from them on modding my back seat....

I too do not trust myself enough to go cutting on my wifes chair  :yikes:

EDIT !!!!!!
This is the one !!
I am now officialy............ "VERY ACTIVE"Â :super:Â :super:Â :super:Â :super:

WEEEE HAAAAA !!!
My other concern with that is: Is the way the seat is bolted down strong enough to support the back rest built into it? but i do agree with the way it would look with no back seat and a sissybar there. :dontknow:

·
Registered
67 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Chevy guy,

It was done by Metcruze in Australia. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mad Dog said:
Chevy guy,

It was done by Metcruze in Australia. :bigthumbsup:
how much did it run you including shipping (if you don't mind me asking?)

·
Registered
443 Posts
sailor34597, I little of the subject. Do the Switchblade footpegs touch down earlier than stock? And if so, how bad?

·
Registered
411 Posts
chevyguy_72 said:
how much did it run you including shipping (if you don't mind me asking?)
I had to send my rear seat to Austriala Cost €55 then he did the work and sent it back total cost €240 including freight so all together €295. 1€= $1,27 (Ok I had to pay another €50 import tay on top of that but then that is Germany :verymad:) I was or better said am very impressed with the quality :bigthumbsup: Total time, seat shipping untill I had it back was 15 days :doorag: My wife loves me for it :D

·
Registered
175 Posts
Everyone,

I am having the sissybar through the seat setup, gel foam, custom contoured, and all three done in leather... excellent price and turnaround. they have already started on my back seat and will have my front seat for 2 days next TUE and WED... i will post pics from my seat and also other seats they have done... here is just one example of there work on a custom chopper.. the company's name is psycho seat...
http://www.frappr.com/?a=viewphoto&id=1424422&pid=2596250
or if this doesnt work here are more photo's
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Custom-Built-Motorcycles-CUSTOM_W0QQitemZ120017944873QQcmdZViewItem

Just enough to get you drooling...

Casey

·
Registered
267 Posts
veezer said:
sailor34597, I little of the subject. Do the Switchblade footpegs touch down earlier than stock? And if so, how bad?
I have the switchblade pegs and they are adjustable. You can pivot them to get more clearance when deployed. I've never scraped them.

·
Registered
195 Posts
How can we actually use a backrest...Right now, if I lean back my hands are off the handlebars by 4 inches. This ain't a Roadking by any stretch.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Latinrascal said:
gphone

I am thinking about doing that seat mod, how sturdy is it? don't want my wife falling off the back!
It is sturdier than I would have thought. I don't think I'd want to hang off of it with no one on the seat as the wieght on the seat makes it more sturdy. My wife rides with me a lot and states its feels comfortable and sturdy. It won't go anywhere, it's bolted well and the plastic in the seat is quite stout. I'm pleased other than where I cut the vinyl I would like something to cover that up other than the weather stripping the original post'r had used.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
LeeDowney said:
How can we actually use a backrest...Right now, if I lean back my hands are off the handlebars by 4 inches. This ain't a Roadking by any stretch.
Some of have longer Gorilla arms :D

They say if you rotate your bars up you gain maybe 2 inches. Plenty of info on that here.

Sledzep

·
Registered
721 Posts
LeeDowney said:
I think this post is mostly speaking about the passenger backrest...

Though if you search, you may find a mod done for driver back, think Lamonster posted it, but may be incorrect.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts