M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a college student at Michigan State and bought my 109 in late July. Anyway, my girlfriend doesnt mind riding with me but really wants a backrest for comfort/security, which I agree with. However, I dont necessarily like the idea of having it on all the time. Is there a detachable backrest out there for the bike that can be easily removed?

PS Im new to the site and look forward to future discussions with my m109 brothers!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. Right off the top of my head you've got 2 options. Corbin makes a nice seat with a removable back rest. It is quite pricy though but you might want to check it out anyway. just head to there web site.

For a lot less money there is a backrest mod posted in the "How to" page. here's the link.

http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=3403.0

·
Registered
679 Posts
I put the corbin on for my wife and now I have a hard time leaving the garage without her on with me. Not always a bad thing but sometimes I want/need to ride alone. I guess what I am saying is that your significant other will thank you for buying the corbin seat with backrest. It is a 5 min change with only one tool. :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a lot fellas; its somehting Im definitaly going to have to look into...

·
Registered
34 Posts
I also went with the corbin seat but just so you know, if you don't want to spend 1,000 for the whole setup you can just buy the back seat and it will work fine with the stock front. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
JARDINE, WHICH BUILD THE FACTORY BACKREST - ALSO BUILDS QUICK DETACH
J&P CYCLES CARRY THEM - PRESENT ON BACKORDER, BUT ITS THE HOT SET-UP
I HAVE ONE ON ORDER FOR MY 109, BUT HAVEIT ON MY C90 - IT NICE!!

GODZUKI

1 - 8 of 8 Posts