M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I have 2 day ride the last weekend of March in Kerrville Texas, Going to ride the three sisters and meet fellow 9r's. I was curious to whats the best option for personel item storage ie, clothes and maybe small detail rags and cleaner. I would like to find out the best rack bag that is out there to use on the 9 or best backpack to have. I have stock Suzuki back rest and rack that I can put on but will be going solo for trip and prefer solo set up. Thanks Craig.........................

·
Banned
15,179 Posts

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
I would def. go with rack bag. You would prob. just leave everything behind after day 1 with a backpack. I have the cortech sport bags - Love em!

·
Registered
462 Posts
I bought a bag a year ago and it was not as good as I hoped. It just gets unpleasant after a while. Try a removable sissy/rack and a solid bottom rack. The solid bottom keeps the bag from sagging on the sides. Just my experience. I bought a soft bottom bag and when u strap it down the sides get pulled down on top of your bike. Lends itself to scratching.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
I prefer a backpack but if the ride is long the weight will increase lower back pain. A tank bag helps take the load off and a backpack that rests on the pasenger seat helps

·
Registered
2,703 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everybody for your info,solo rack looks cool along with maybe a riverroad duffle bag. will not have rear seat on bike for trip so that set up looks good. trip from farm to kerrville is about 3 1/2 hrs and have res. at YO ranch so bag or backpack will stay at room while I ride with the group here in Texas. Check Texas forum site about ride in March, missed last year but not this time.........8)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.