M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was in pcb for bike week, rode out to destin and ate got back on bike started it and went about an 8th mile and it started missing and popping and back firing extremly bad, blowing flames out of exaust, NO FI LIGHT Then it died, started right back up same thing, I just floored it and it finnally cleared up at 1/4 mile or so. I put new (stock) ngk plugs in before I left for pcb, Rode all the way back to ga with no major issue, I dont think it was running as smooth as it should... Anyone know what to look for?

20k miles
tre
power commander
road burner exhaust
:dontknow: Thanks

·
Administrator
2008 M109R, 2016 FJR1300, 1999 VMax
5,770 Posts
This is what mine did when my JSD ATRE died. Try taking it out and see if that resolves your problem.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Did it start happening right after the plug change?? If so, maybe you put the wrong plugs, or the wrong temperature plugs in?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No I had about 500 miles on the plug change and put the same plugs in that came out, Now Im thinking fuel filter, But it cleared up after i hammered the throttle..:dontknow:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,874 Posts
At 20K miles I would change the filter. It could be that running it hard sucked some of the crud through it and cleared it up for a bit.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Check the plug wire connections. My rear one on top of the head was just resting on top the plug, doing the same thing. Sometime it made connection and sometimes it didnt. Once i realized it I have not had any problems. Good Luck!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts