M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 239 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had about 5500 miles on my OEM tire and she was starting to get pretty worn. Went back to the Car tire this last weekend! Gonna need it for pulling the trailer this weekend.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
What in the world do you have with a 16" back tire??

·
Banned
15,179 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Good Day,
I have the same Corbin bags as you and was looking for a trailer hitch, where did you find yours?

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
How does it handle with the more square car tire? I like your hard bags, but I just priced the bags, batwing fairing and trunk on Corbin. WOW!!!! All together they would cost me $5100+. Guess I won't be getting those. Although I would like to see some close up pics of your trailer hitch to see how to make one.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
How does it handle with the more square car tire? I like your hard bags, but I just priced the bags, batwing fairing and trunk on Corbin. WOW!!!! All together they would cost me $5100+. Guess I won't be getting those. Although I would like to see some close up pics of your trailer hitch to see how to make one.
Someone on here has the batwing and bags for sale. They are silver I think. Also think he was asking killer prices for them. Under 2grand for both.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Someone on here has the batwing and bags for sale. They are silver I think. Also think he was asking killer prices for them. Under 2grand for both.
Thanks, but by the time I had them painted to match my bike they would probably wind up costing me just as much as a new set.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Thanks, but by the time I had them painted to match my bike they would probably wind up costing me just as much as a new set.
You could get the paint work done for under a grand for like stock paint but it doesn't matter because the set that was referred to is for an M not C.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I like riding on the darkside too, won't go back to a "normal" bike tire ... welcome back grandpa.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
You could get the paint work done for under a grand for like stock paint but it doesn't matter because the set that was referred to is for an M not C.
Thanks. I don't even know if there's anybody near me who could paint it anyway.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I like riding on the darkside too, won't go back to a "normal" bike tire ... welcome back grandpa.
How does she ride and drive with the car tire?

·
Registered
231 Posts
She handles a little differently. Takes a little more oversteer to get her turning but after you get use to it there's no problem. The flatter tire tracks a little differently too. On a high crown rode it wants to ride the flat so, once again, a little more over steer. Same applies to being stopped, it seeks the flat area a little more so you have to remember to compensate. But the cornering is about the same and I haven't had any problems. The primary reason I went to a CT was due to the fact that my commute is 25 miles with 2 curves and 5 90 degree turns. I wore my OEM tire out down the middle at 8900 miles. CT's might not be for everyone but it works good for me.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
:bigthumbsup:Nice to have you back on the dark side again, would you sell those trailer hitches?:eek:
I could possibly make a few more. It would also depend on whether you had corbin bags or not.I used part of the corbin bracket but I could make it with out that too.

I may not get to it until fall or winter tho.:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ya the corbin stuff isn't cheap, that's for sure. I'll try to get pics of the hitch inside my fender next time I get it on the hoist in a few weeks. I ended up grinding the nuts off that hold on the saddle bag brackets on the inside of the fender. I then used a 1/4 x 1 1/2 flat iron that I tapped holes in place of the nuts. Then formed more down along the edge of the fender to the rear. I also used the 2 bolts that hold the license plate bracket on to bolt a support on .

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
She handles a little differently. Takes a little more oversteer to get her turning but after you get use to it there's no problem. The flatter tire tracks a little differently too. On a high crown rode it wants to ride the flat so, once again, a little more over steer. Same applies to being stopped, it seeks the flat area a little more so you have to remember to compensate. But the cornering is about the same and I haven't had any problems. The primary reason I went to a CT was due to the fact that my commute is 25 miles with 2 curves and 5 90 degree turns. I wore my OEM tire out down the middle at 8900 miles. CT's might not be for everyone but it works good for me.
I concur with Smokey 109. I will be taking a video this weekend with a car tire on going through some twisties. I try to post it hear Sunday or monday nite.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I could possibly make a few more. It would also depend on whether you had corbin bags or not.I used part of the corbin bracket but I could make it with out that too.

I may not get to it until fall or winter tho.:dontknow:
It's gonna be a while before I can afford to buy a trailer to pull behind my bike anyway. Besides I need to find the dang short
that keeps popping the option fuse on my bike that I use for my driving lights.

1 - 20 of 239 Posts