M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Guys, Picked up my bike from the shop yesterday with the new hub and she seems to be running as good as I have ever seen her run.

When I first got the bike it had the shudder so I replaced the clutch cable with the Barnett +2" (which broke prematurely) ???

Then the tranny went belly up (popping out of 2nd gear ). Ended up pulling the engine to rebuild the tranny. I contacted FactoryPro and worked with them to put together a shift kit for the M109R. Had the gears undercut too. :dontknow:

Then my primary bevel gear broke. Had to pull the motor #2 time to replace the bevel gear. Had them put in the new part number for the propeller (drive) shaft while it was apart too. :eek:

THEN 2nd gear went out again (seemed that the shift shafts were still bent from the first trans rebuild) motor out 3rd time, so I had A.P.E. racing machine me some solid steel shift shafts - put those in, shifts like a champ now. :-\

2 weeks ago I was going over to Mark's (Halfdome109r) place to go for a Sunday ride, got off of 280 and heard some bad sounds in the drive train. left my bike at his place, had him give me a ride back to my place (riding b*tch on another M109R adds insult to injury), got my trusty Honda Interceptor and we went on a ride up to Skyline.

Had her towed to the shop and they diagnosed it a my hub (crown gear has 3 broken teeth). Had them order me a whole new hub assembly and put it in. So I have now had everything from my engine to my rear wheel replaced... please keep your fingers crossed.

Trying to ride her as much as possible before the PISMO BEACH RALLY in May. Hope to see you guys there so we can have a tall cool one and share stories... :beer3:

:bigthumbsup:

Scott 'Caliman' Perry

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow you have been through a lot! Hope it solved it for good now.
Like I told Mark, it's like having this super hot girlfriend who keeps cheating on you, I get pissed off and don't trust her but every time I see her I just want to hop on her for one more time...

:drool:

·
Registered
461 Posts
Dang dude!! That bike has either a rough life or was built on a monday BEFORE the machines were calibrated. It almost makes the bikes look bad, but we who own them don't think so.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the positive thoughts (oh yea, and yours too Kev)...

;)

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Thanks for the positive thoughts (oh yea, and yours too Kev)...

;)
Hahahaa...you know what I meant ....RIGHT....I hope yours was a one off and we ain't all gonna have all these probs :-\

Good luck man....ride trouble free :bigthumbsup: ;)

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hahahaa...you know what I meant ....RIGHT....I hope yours was a one off and we ain't all gonna have all these probs :-\

Good luck man....ride trouble free :bigthumbsup: ;)
I am familiar with your 'glad it's you and not me' rhetoric Kev...

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,940 Posts
Cali, glad you have it back and I'm hoping this is the last time it breaks. You've had ore bad luck with that bike than a dozen riders should have.

Good luck with it, and enjoy riding. Again. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Scott,

We haven't met but when I was in Gran Prix a couple weeks ago (the hub was toast on mine, too) and mentioned that at least my bike hasn't been as problematic as some--remembering your 2nd gear saga--Dave knew just who i was talking about and mentioned that they had your bike again. You just can't seem to catch a break.

Here's hoping this is your last visit to the shop for a looong while.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Sorry to hear about all your troubles. I hope everything works out for you.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
She's good as new and ready for 60k miles, with only some regular service.:bigthumbsup::pray:

·
Registered
612 Posts
Scott,

Never, and I repeat...NEVER admit to ever riding b*tch on the back of anyones bike, especially Mark's bike! It's bad enough when I had my clutch issue and my bike broke down far from home, I had to admit to riding a Harley home.

The bike is worth fixing/tinkering to perfection no matter what fails. That just makes the bond you have with the bike even more stronger! I'm happy you have stuck through the hard times with your bike and all will be better now!

I won't be able to see you in Pismo, but I plan on being in San Jose again in June. So, I'll see you then and we'll get a ride in!

-Cameron C.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Scott,

We haven't met but when I was in Gran Prix a couple weeks ago (the hub was toast on mine, too) and mentioned that at least my bike hasn't been as problematic as some--remembering your 2nd gear saga--Dave knew just who i was talking about and mentioned that they had your bike again. You just can't seem to catch a break.

Here's hoping this is your last visit to the shop for a looong while.
Dan, you should go ride with Mark, Reg, Ed and I sometime. We are all local.

Scott

1 - 16 of 16 Posts