M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I celebrated by getting my bike back and went on a nice 225 mile afternoon ride. I rode right through the heart of downtown Atlanta on Peachtree St. up through Buckhead before heading out onto the country roads. Felt great to be out riding again and I got several compliments about the bike. Of course nobody knew what it was.

I even got stopped out in the country at a random police road checkpoint. When I got up to the Sheriff he just simply looked my bike back & forth and said.........you guessed it........"What is that bike?". I told him and he said "That's Nice!" and waved me on. No drivers license, registration or insurance check for me. ;)

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
BIG :congrats: on getting back on the 9 and back to scrapping them pegs:a18:. Great video and I have to say that the Bike looks even better than before. Ride Safe and Enjoy!!!

·
Registered
511 Posts
Way to get back on the horse... Dont forget what your gear did for you last time...

Ride safe!

Oh, I wanted to know...

How much did insurance cover on your paint?

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Dude! You really have some skills with the video's. Great one!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
You are a wiz with the video camera! I bet it felt pretty good riding through the streets of downtown Atlanta. Those pipes probably had everyone stopping to see what was making all that noise. :joke: Good Stuff!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Nice video. I rode with the Buffalo Soldiers through downtown Atlanta yesterday as well. Did you use the Go Pro to make your video?

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks to all the posts above. I really appreciate it. It felt great to be riding and I felt the same on it as I did previously. I still just use the standard old GoPro Hero Wide camera (not the HD one). I make videos just for fun, just to remember some rides and for some entertainment value and I'm always happy to share them with other riding enthusiast.

It was about 90 degrees and very humid Saturday afternoon so you might have seen I was just riding in a T-Shirt. Anything over about 85 degrees or if it's very humid and I just can't put on a jacket. That's the risk I take I guess in hot conditions. But I got my good helmet, good tall riding boots, usually mesh summer gloves and jeans. That's the minimum I always ride in. When it's cooler I take advantage of the other gear like my armored jacket & pants and heavy riding gloves. Fortunately for me when I went down 4 weeks ago is was only in the mid-60's up in the mountains. :doorag:

·
Registered
741 Posts
GR, that bike is so BAD A$$ now. :bigthumbsup:

Glad you got it back and got to ride again.

Especially like the pipes! :a18:

Can't wait to see pics...

·
Registered
6,984 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Back in the Saddle

Had to watch it twice it was so fricken awesome!:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts