M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Mississippi Run was awesome!! Had a blast and saw some beautiful sites that I never knew existed here in Wisconsin!! Western central wisconsin is FULL of bluffs along the Mississippi river. Many of them you can drive to the top of where there is a "look-out" area. Saw bald eagles everywhere!! The view up there was breath taking!! Only 9 bikes showed because of the threat of bad weather...but did we get lucky!! Was supposed to rain Fri and Sat....but it missed us!! The weather was perfect, and met some great people on this ride!! I was the only metric rider in the group, so that was kinda weird!! We stayed in Fountain City at the Fountain city motel. If you get the chance you must check out west cenrtal wisconsin!! Here are some pics from the trip!!

Meeting spot 9am Friday.

One of the bluffs behind our motel.

Closer pic of motel/bluff.

Another bluff

The open road!!

A barge on the Mississippi from the top of a bluff.

Same bluff...this is the dam and lock.

Downtown Fountain city from the top of the bluff.

My sweetie and I on top of the bluff.

Distant pic of the river to the north.

Standing on the ledge of the bluff!! I hate heights!!

The 109 at sunset on the Mississippi.

We will be going next year. So any local riders are welcome to join us!!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Great pics man. Thanks for spreading the love this way. :bigthumbsup:

BTW I think I saw you crack a smile in there Bro. :joke:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Great pics , looks like it would have been a blast :bigthumbsup:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like fun trip! Pics are great!!! :bigthumbsup:

What kind of bags are those? Do you like them - anything you don't like about them? Tough to install? Where did you get them and how much? Think that's it for questions.

Rob

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Great report Bro. I would like to see lots of those on this board. Makes you feel like you were there. :super: :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The bags worked out perfect!!! I chose not to run the straps under the seat, but rather over the top of the seat and have the old lady sit on them. With out supports....they were kinda "sagging" in toward the tire. So putting the straps over the seat raised the bags up a inch or two and they were clear of the tire!! No problems!! The bags are made by Cortech. They are the Tri-Bag saddle bag system. There is a top bag(the "tri" bag) that you can buy that clips into th top of the saddles and rests over the passenger seat/area. I chose not to get the Tri bag though. I paid $155 at the local stealer...could of got them a few dollars cheaper on the net, but didnt want to wait. I can literally throw these on the bike in a few min and take them off just as fast!! :bigthumbsup:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BTW.....if any of you get bags like this I recommend that you have the 4 loop straps reinforced by a seamstress or your girl/wife if she has a sewing machine. These straps are pictured in the link above that Lionsgate posted. They are a loop of nylon strap that is sewn together to make a loop shape so you can secure it to areas on the bike. These straps also have the female end of the plastic clips that snap together. Anyways....these are stitched poorly!! The first time I put the bags on the bike 2 of the staps stitching gave out!! Just a heads up!!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Great pictures!! Looks like you had an awesome trip!! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Ya nice pics,i guess you are calling those hill behind you a bluff? I guess everyone has a different name for some of the same things,back east in Maine we call them foot hills. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
mnmsnowbeast said:
Ya nice pics,i guess you are calling those hill behind you a bluff? I guess everyone has a different name for some of the same things,back east in Maine we call them foot hills. :bigthumbsup:
Yeah, here in Oregon we call them Buttes. I think he's just BLUFFING anyway! :joke: :joke:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts