M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My back Brake disc is loose. It's the portion on the outside of the rivets. My front discs are tight. I guess I should be concerned about it and should take it to the dealer to be resolved. Has anyone else experienced this? What are your thoughts? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, glad it's normal I was concerned. The brakes squeak and was wondering if it was a result of the loose disc. I've tried brake quiet. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Now thats strange....I got on to ask the same question. My rotor is also loose, like enough to really move it forward/backward. My brakes are squeaking again. Who makes and what material pads should I get. EBC website shows a couple but I don't want sqeekers again. Thanks, The CBC red antisqeak stuff worked for about 20 miles. I really don;t like this noise. People turn-around afor a look see. JOHN

·
Registered
10 Posts
my rear rotor is also loose. suppose to be semi-floating, the dealer said a little excessive and they are going to replace it. my rear breaks screech. really loud, he (the dealer) looked at the 109 on the floor and it was tight like the fronts are. mine moves back and forth and side to side. all rivets are loose and spin easily. do they know what they are talking about ? who knows. i wonder what the specs are ? the dealer said they don't have a manual. yeah

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Same as mine, rivets loose enough to spin by hand. Your dealer didn't have a manual? Nice. My dealer is quite a few miles from me and hate to not have the bike to ride. May be a winter project to take to dealer if its not a huge concern, but I'll call them. My dealer is good people.
The squeak is annoying.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Hey Guys,

I'm not sure what you mean that the rotor is loose. Are you saying that the bolts that hold the rotor to the hub are loose? If thats the case; all of the bolts on my bike are tight and the rotor doesn't move at all!! If I'm missing something please clarify.

C-One

·
Registered
387 Posts
Go to the outer edge of the rotor and look down until you see that it is a ring of metal. Now look all around the ring for some washer looking rings with raised edges about 3/4" in diameter. These are the loose parts I am talking about. I use the rear brake alot and my braking rotor can be moved side-sidefrom (I guess) the washer looking rings wearing. Mine were solid when I got the bike but have now loosened. Keep an eye out for this. It makes a chinging noise when I push it around, motor off. JOHN

·
Registered
151 Posts
i had a post like this a couple of weeks ago every one said thats the way its supposed to be . but since then it has got even looser it moves so much it bangs when i go over bumps. gonna call dealer on this one!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts